Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: FreeBSD Made Much Progress These Past Few Months

Default FreeBSD Made Much Progress These Past Few Months

Phoronix: FreeBSD Made Much Progress These Past Few Months

The FreeBSD Foundation has published their latest quarterly status report to make known the current state of the popular BSD operating system project...

http://www.phoronix.com/vr.php?view=MTQxMjE

You should make news article about FreeBSD adapting Mir and systemd. Epic Flame Thread.

Quote Originally Posted by blackout23 View Post
    You should make news article about FreeBSD adapting Mir and systemd. Epic Flame Thread.
    You are talking nonsense.

BSD devs hate GPLv3 and they have started anti-GPL campaign and goal of that campaign is to purge GPL licensed code from BSD AFAIK only DragonlyBSD doesn't engage in this holy war

Quote Originally Posted by BO$$ View Post
    FreeBSD is an insult but the best thing they can do is remove anything GPL so they can be incorporated in other big proprietary OSes. That is the only way for them to increase market share. Basically beg Apple. The only thing is that they are successful and OS X is more successful than anything Linux.
    That's an only chance to them, but they're not successful with such a license. If we count embedded systems Linux wipes out os x.

And this is relevant to the topic in which way again?

Quote Originally Posted by Ramiliez View Post
    You are talking nonsense.
    I think that was his point.

Post nonsense about both *BSD AND Mir = mother of all flame threads

in this holy war
    Meanwhile, you turn a blind eye to Google's no gnu gpl in userspace policy. Maybe the problem isn't your silly religion based on copyright licenses but companies not wanting to get sued for using "free" software?

Quote Originally Posted by yogi_berra View Post
    Meanwhile, you turn a blind eye to Google's no gnu gpl in userspace policy. Maybe the problem isn't your silly religion based on copyright licenses but companies not wanting to get sued for using "free" software?
    Companies that produce non-free software shouldn't be allowed to use free software in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by yogi_berra View Post
    You just pulled this out your ass. From whole portfolio of Google products i'm only using Gmail and right now im phasing it out.
    Honestly i don't care about your stupid anti-GPL crusade. I'm just calling out BSD devs on this silly licensing warfare

You just pulled this out your ass.
    I pulled a fact out of my ass?