Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Direct3D 9 Support Released For Linux Via Gallium3D, Running Games

Hybrid View

Default Direct3D 9 Support Released For Linux Via Gallium3D, Running Games

Phoronix: Direct3D 9 Support Released For Linux Via Gallium3D, Running Games

Linux desktop systems can now have working support for Microsoft's Direct3D 9 API via a new Gallium3D state tracker. Unlike the earlier Direct3D 10/11 state tracker for Gallium3D on Linux, this new code actually can run D3D9 games and at better performance than what's offered by Wine...

http://www.phoronix.com/vr.php?view=MTQxMjk

sounds nice, and now that there is decent performance for amd users i hink it might hold ... a little bit longer.
    actually i hope that the DX10/11 code to be revived. it would be a complete set for DX. aand maybe steam will get interested in the gallium drivers aswell. So AMD will have really no purpose for their blob anymore except for some heavy duty workstation loads. But then they really can focus on the fireGL without the need to test the radeon devices.
    sry bridgman if im talking crap again

Default Looking forward to test it

I am playing WOW with wine. Curious if I will see any speed improvement.
    But +100% would be a overkill

Quote Originally Posted by mcgreg View Post
    I am playing WOW with wine. Curious if I will see any speed improvement.
    But +100% would be a overkill
    be sure to test both, opengl and directX version

So this is limited to Nouveau / open Radeon only? I'd rather see DX11 support added to Wine. There are new games coming with DX11 requirement which won't be usable with Wine. For example Witcher 3 (and it's not clear whether they'll ever release an OpenGL/Linux version).

Quote Originally Posted by shmerl View Post
    So this is limited to Nouveau / open Radeon only? I'd rather see DX11 support added to Wine. There are new games coming with DX11 requirement which won't be usable with Wine. For example Witcher 3 (and it's not clear whether they'll ever release an OpenGL/Linux version).
    Me too. There are too many vista-only games coming out nowadays.

Quote Originally Posted by shmerl View Post
    They may well release some kind of OpenGL version for Mac OSX, afterall The Witcher 2 came with a Mac version, but they will NOT release a Linux version because they can't get it to run on the Raspberry Pi. Where did you read about The Witcher 3 not support DX versions earlier than DX11?
    Last edited by Kristian Joensen; 07-17-2013 at 08:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by jakubo View Post
    I am playing with the D3D9 api since it ran since a long time better for me

Wow, just wow. Hopefully it will live and hopefully Wine developers will incorporate it.

Quote Originally Posted by jakubo View Post
    The win32 OpenGL render from all new blizzard games is crap compared to the DX3D render.