Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: KDE Should Be Fully Running On Wayland Next Summer

Default KDE Should Be Fully Running On Wayland Next Summer

Phoronix: KDE Should Be Fully Running On Wayland Next Summer

While KDE's KWin has experimental Wayland support in KDE 4.11, it won't be until about one year from now where the Wayland support for the KDE desktop is fully baked and offered in a release form. The wait should be worth it though with the exciting KDE Plasma Workspaces 2 and KDE Frameworks 5...

http://www.phoronix.com/vr.php?view=MTQxNjc

it need's to say "Kubuntu Should Be Fully Running On Wayland Next Summer" and PS F** Off Canonical
    you know thats a Slap in the face Kubuntu is going for Full Wayland

Quote Originally Posted by LinuxGamer View Post
    it need's to say "Kubuntu Should Be Fully Running On Wayland Next Summer" and PS F** Off Canonical
    At the bottom of his blog there's white text on white background, select it with the mouse to read it, it says just that.

Summer 2014 will then (hopefully!) see the first stable version of Plasma Workspaces 2, running natively on a Wayland stack.
    One shouldn't put anything related to KDE and the word "stable" in the same sentence.

Dear Canonical,

Sincerely,
    Wayland

Quote Originally Posted by mark45 View Post
    At the bottom of his blog there's white text on white background, select it with the mouse to read it, it says just that.
    I ctrl A-ed the page and couldn't find the invisible text.

Quote Originally Posted by prodigy_ View Post
    One shouldn't put anything related to KDE and the word "stable" in the same sentence.
    I can say the Same for all Ubuntu Release's to date. now for Debian 7.1 alls i can say is Stable, but some times i like to fix shit

Quote Originally Posted by LinuxGamer View Post
    Why would they? If anything the Kubuntu team show Stockholm Syndrome in full action. Why else would maintainers of other DE packages even endure Canonical any longer?

Normal people would've packed their stuff and left to join Tanglu, Fedora’s Korora, or openSUSE.

Quote Originally Posted by Awesomeness View Post
    Normal people would've packed their stuff and left to join Tanglu, Fedora’s Korora, or openSUSE.
    I'm definitely looking forward to XFCE & Wayland.

Linux has a bright future and the future is Wayland.

Quote Originally Posted by Awesomeness View Post
    Why would they? If anything the Kubuntu team show Stockholm Syndrome in full action. Why else would maintainers of other DE packages even endure Canonical any longer?

Kubuntu has to few Developers to do a lot i say it's just best for them to use Ubuntu's Base for now and wait and see if Debian picks it up a little bit or even use openSUSE