Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ubuntu 13.10 Derivatives Do Their Alpha 2 Release

Quote Originally Posted by verde View Post
    haha it is truly fantastic but i think you exaggerate..
    I entered the Linux world with Mint 8 (Helena), switched to Ubuntu 9.10 a month later and used Ubuntu up to just before 11.04 release and moved away from that and to Xubuntu. Xubuntu 13.04 is now my main Linux with Mint 15 Mate coming in a tight second.

Once you go Xubuntu, you never go back.

Quote Originally Posted by dh04000 View Post
    Considering no new features were added this cycle to Unity7, just bug fixes, that impression seems odd. Maybe a user specific driver or bug issue? Also considering, this is considered Alpha2 in the pre-no-alpha Ubuntu cycle, bugs are expected, kinda a no-brainer.
    this has been pointed out by many Ubuntu Developers/Testers it maybe do to all the patches for Xmir it just has Lag and is 1/2 broken, and now has Facebook ad's Ubuntu no longer has alpha's remember all of it package's are built at the same time and its on a Daily Build

S/He is the biggest anti-Ubuntu troll in here. Don't take his claims seriously. He would never try Ubuntu in any case.
    na i dont have to troll Ubuntu all the shitty software Canonical keep's Releasing is doing it for me

Quote Originally Posted by synaptix View Post
    I entered the Linux world with Mint 8 (Helena), switched to Ubuntu 9.10 a month later and used Ubuntu up to just before 11.04 release and moved away from that and to Xubuntu. Xubuntu 13.04 is now my main Linux with Mint 15 Mate coming in a tight second.

Once you go Xubuntu, you never go back.
    i Run Linux Mint 15 MATE as my Main too it's one of the lowest on ram usage even lower than Xfce and LXDE if i remember

haha it is truly fantastic but i think you exaggerate..
    Why? For some of us, there's nothing more comfortable than XFCE. At least, that's my case. I don't think Unity is bad (some of my friends LOVE IT), but it doesn't seem to fit me well. As you said earlier, matter of personal taste.
    Actually, I must thank Unity and GNOME 3, because before I just used GNOME 2 and thought XFCE was a half-assed GNOME for lower resources; I'd never had discovered how good it is (for me) if I didn't dislike those (in comparison to GNOME 2) :P

The Alpha releases seem kind of superfluous to me. The people who run the dev branch of Ubuntu use/test it as a rolling release, so a release candidate or two should be suitable.

As for Xfce), I use it because I love it and I too would run it on a system with a 4770k, Geforce Titan, etc. About the only thing I don't like is the infrequent video tearing, and I may try to run Weston on top of it to solve that.

Quote Originally Posted by DanL View Post
    The Alpha releases seem kind of superfluous to me. The people who run the dev branch of Ubuntu use/test it as a rolling release, so a release candidate or two should be suitable.

As for Xfce), I use it because I love it and I too would run it on a system with a 4770k, Geforce Titan, etc. About the only thing I don't like is the infrequent video tearing, and I may try to run Weston on top of it to solve that.
    Tearing and linux are friends..., wait for wayland

Quote Originally Posted by DanL View Post
    Yea the tearing in XFCE (thanks to xrender which doesn't have vsync capability) is annoying, but I found about Compton and my tearing issues are gone in XFCE.

http://www.neowin.net/forum/topic/11...iting-in-xfce/

You may like Compton as well.

S/He is the biggest anti-Ubuntu troll in here. Don't take his claims seriously. He would never try Ubuntu in any case.
    Oh, I see. Lol.

S/He isn't even a very good troll.