Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Metro: Last Light Horror FPS Game Is Out For Linux

Quote Originally Posted by liamdawe View Post
    Thanks for the kind comment

Mike is wrong, as he was with his "Portal 2 is out!" news post, check SteamDB for yourself I actually linked to the source in my article, there is no Linux content yet, it is not out, yet.

I own the game, it's listed in my linux games. I'm getting a missing executable message at the minute though, but yea it's under my linux games!

oh sonofabitch. I got a free code with my new video card for this and decided to try it out, ended up beating it. I had no idea it may(?) be coming out for Linux, I would have waited...

Anyway its a fantastic game, I'd recommend it to anyone.

Great things are happening currently on the Linux gaming front that is for sure.

WOW!!! Great info! I didn't play in Metro yet, but definitly I'll play this game when arrive on Linux Steam. It will be also good to see S.T.A.L.K.E.R. games for Linux.

Things are moving faster than I would ever expect! At last cutting edge games under our Linux!
    Please guys destroy micro$oft's gaming advantage as fast as you can!
    Congratulations to all involved to this!

Quote Originally Posted by BO$$ View Post
    They have to be insane to port to Linux when there is a shiny beautiful Windows on most gamers' computers. Total waste of time from the devs if this turns out to be true.
    Yeah, opening new markets is never something any company should do. Speaking of that, these multimillion dollar companies that don't know how to run their business, how does their business compare to yours? It seems that you are the uber-businessman, so your revenues must be much higher and your games widely known.

Quote Originally Posted by BO$$ View Post
    They have to be insane to port to Linux when there is a shiny beautiful Windows on most gamers' computers. Total waste of time from the devs if this turns out to be true.
    Quote Originally Posted by BO$$
    The only sane thing to do is use Windows and check out Linux every 10 years or so.
    Can you please stop being insane (by your very definition) and not come back here (a Linux news site)? All you do is troll, it's pretty annoying.

Quote Originally Posted by liamdawe View Post
    Not as rare is Mike checking his facts before posting...
    I dont understand why certain people take comfort in slamming Mike. Several negative points against Mike.... I am guessing person/physical inadequate-complex. Hope you feel better because you sound like a little girl. How about providing something positive?

This is excellent news; I played Metro 2033 on Xbox and it was (very) good. Was gonna buy Last Light for Xbox too… Now the only problem is it will probably require a power-hungry card with the proprietary blob.

if that's true first of all its great news and I'll buy 10 just to thank them. the second thing is to know how the hell they ported their engine to opengl simply because it's very modern with quite new features