Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: KDE 4.11 Released With Its Early KWin Wayland Code

Quote Originally Posted by bakgwailo View Post
    I have an ATI card in my laptop (Radeon HD 6730M/6770M/7690M), and using both the latest stable and beta Catalyst driver, I did all sorts of weird stuff with window decorations. No crashes, but it is pretty much all documented under: https://bugs.kde.org/show_bug.cgi?id=323065. Feel free to add to the bug report if this is what you are talking about (haven't tried the FOS drivers yet as I need the 3.11 power management first since it is a laptop). Didn't happen to me in 4.10.
    Maybe you could try with different OpenGL versions. In the system settings panel, under Desktop Appearance you can now tweak the way the desktop is composited. Maybe OpenGL 2.1 works better. You should also try Raster instead of native (If I remember correctly, native used to garbage some parts of certain windows such as Steam).

I hope this helps!

Quote Originally Posted by rvdboom View Post
    Is there anyone running KDE SC 4.11 with AMD boards, espcially running the open source drivers?
    Do you have kwin crash issues?
    I am, but not crashes.

Quote Originally Posted by jsa1983 View Post
    Maybe you could try with different OpenGL versions. In the system settings panel, under Desktop Appearance you can now tweak the way the desktop is composited. Maybe OpenGL 2.1 works better. You should also try Raster instead of native (If I remember correctly, native used to garbage some parts of certain windows such as Steam).

I hope this helps!
    The issue is present with opengl1..2..and 3 profile.., I think that is a bug in catalyst.

Quote Originally Posted by makomk View Post
    After upgrading to 4.11, plasma-desktop is still segfaulting several times an hour for me. It looks like I'm suffering from an 8 month old bug that hasn't even been fully diagnosed despite being reported by a number of people. Supposedly, the new shiny Qt functionality used by the notifications applet is broken somewhere and no-one has been able to figure out where in eight months.
    Ouch, that does look like an annoying bug Luckily I don't seem to be affected by it on either of my laptops (both intel graphics).