Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: KDE 4.11 Released With Its Early KWin Wayland Code

updated my opensuse repo from 4.10 to 4.11 and have to say it runs really smooth so far !

Quote Originally Posted by Thaodan View Post
    Nothing against Juk but: maybe cause no one is interested in him? I think nearly everybody uses a player like Amarok or mpd.
    Juk is to slow if you have large music collections.
    Juk is being ported, just slowly.
    And yes, Juk's database is slow. Hopefully it'll be ported to Nepomuk or SQLite in the process.

Quote Originally Posted by Awesomeness View Post
    Juk is being ported, just slowly.
    And yes, Juk's database is slow. Hopefully it'll be ported to Nepomuk or SQLite in the process.
    I hope they use the same ressource as Amarok if they port to Nepomok.

After upgrading to 4.11, plasma-desktop is still segfaulting several times an hour for me. It looks like I'm suffering from an 8 month old bug that hasn't even been fully diagnosed despite being reported by a number of people. Supposedly, the new shiny Qt functionality used by the notifications applet is broken somewhere and no-one has been able to figure out where in eight months.

Is there anyone running KDE SC 4.11 with AMD boards, espcially running the open source drivers?
    Do you have kwin crash issues?

Quote Originally Posted by
    makomk;351296
    After upgrading to 4.11, plasma-desktop is still segfaulting several times an hour for me. It looks like I'm suffering from an 8 month old bug that hasn't even been fully diagnosed despite being reported by a number of people. Supposedly, the new shiny Qt functionality used by the notifications applet is broken somewhere and no-one has been able to figure out where in eight months.
    Funky, glad I have never ran into this on my laptop or desktop.
    Last edited by bakgwailo; 08-16-2013 at 03:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by rvdboom View Post
    Is there anyone running KDE SC 4.11 with AMD boards, espcially running the open source drivers?
    Me, Fedora with the latest stack, no crashes

I am running KDE 4.11 both with r600g (Radeon HD 4570) and radeonsi (Radeon HD 7870) and the desktop is pretty solid. No crashes due to the desktop itself with the open drivers.

Regards,

Josť

I have an ATI card in my laptop (Radeon HD 6730M/6770M/7690M), and using both the latest stable and beta Catalyst driver, I did all sorts of weird stuff with window decorations. No crashes, but it is pretty much all documented under: https://bugs.kde.org/show_bug.cgi?id=323065. Feel free to add to the bug report if this is what you are talking about (haven't tried the FOS drivers yet as I need the 3.11 power management first since it is a laptop). Didn't happen to me in 4.10.

Quote Originally Posted by makomk View Post
    Once or twice a day for me. Kubuntu 13.04, KDE 4.10 and 4.11, nVidia proprietary driver. Whenever the crash happens, it's in conjunction with a system notification. But not every notification has a crash. Frustrating. At least it doesn't kill X, which I suppose makes it tolerable.