Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 14

Thread: Unigine Engine Still Working On The Visuals

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    15,426

    Default Unigine Engine Still Working On The Visuals

    Phoronix: Unigine Engine Still Working On The Visuals

    Unigine Engine developers have talked about their latest round of improvements to their cross-platform visual masterpiece...

    http://www.phoronix.com/vr.php?view=MTQzOTQ

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    2,162

    Default

    I wish Unigine would make some open source contributions.
    Perhaps contributions to Mesa, or open source some of their tools or something.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    187

    Default

    Are there any obvious areas where Unigine lacks features that engines like Unreal and Havok have? I'm really surprised there aren't more games taking advantage of this, but it may have to do with optimizations for game consoles.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    367

    Default

    Bad support for consoles (no Xbox) is probably one important reason why developers won't touch it. Hopefully they'll have support for Xbox one and PS4 when these consoles become mainstream.

    Also, I really hope they'll fix the messy and broken OpenGL support.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    1,353

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by brent View Post
    Bad support for consoles (no Xbox) is probably one important reason why developers won't touch it. Hopefully they'll have support for Xbox one and PS4 when these consoles become mainstream.

    Also, I really hope they'll fix the messy and broken OpenGL support.
    yep, that's the biggest problem with it right now. It's OpenGL support isnt anywhere close to being compliant with standards. Unigine doesnt work with drivers that are standards complaint.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    1,462

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by brent View Post
    Hopefully they'll have support for Xbox one and PS4 when these consoles become mainstream.
    Hopefully, Xbox one will never become mainstream. Which seems likely, with all the bad publicity it's received due to egregious spying features and such. No one trusts microsoft anymore.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    715

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dee. View Post
    Hopefully, Xbox one will never become mainstream. Which seems likely, with all the bad publicity it's received due to egregious spying features and such. No one trusts microsoft anymore.
    who trusted microsoft before? it had NSA keys in it back in like 95

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    1,353

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dee. View Post
    Hopefully, Xbox one will never become mainstream. Which seems likely, with all the bad publicity it's received due to egregious spying features and such. No one trusts microsoft anymore.
    I was at a local computer repair shop today where I heard a group of guys talking about the Xbox one and they seemed like they were very enthusiastic about it. Though I tried interjecting about the APU specs they had no idea what the hell I was talking about.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    707

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by uid313 View Post
    I wish Unigine would make some open source contributions.
    Perhaps contributions to Mesa, or open source some of their tools or something.
    That reminds me, whey did you never bother to donate to the Mesa GL_KHR_debug campain? I even offered to match your donation on top of the 25$ donation that I made my self. You never even responeded to the topic. It makes you look like a giant hypocrate that just want thigns for free from corporations.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    901

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LinuxGamer View Post
    who trusted microsoft before? it had NSA keys in it back in like 95
    So. If you're not plotting to blow anything up they don't give a flying fuck about you.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •