Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Unigine Engine Still Working On The Visuals

Default Unigine Engine Still Working On The Visuals

Phoronix: Unigine Engine Still Working On The Visuals

Unigine Engine developers have talked about their latest round of improvements to their cross-platform visual masterpiece...

http://www.phoronix.com/vr.php?view=MTQzOTQ

I wish Unigine would make some open source contributions.
    Perhaps contributions to Mesa, or open source some of their tools or something.

Are there any obvious areas where Unigine lacks features that engines like Unreal and Havok have? I'm really surprised there aren't more games taking advantage of this, but it may have to do with optimizations for game consoles.

Bad support for consoles (no Xbox) is probably one important reason why developers won't touch it. Hopefully they'll have support for Xbox one and PS4 when these consoles become mainstream.

Also, I really hope they'll fix the messy and broken OpenGL support.

Quote Originally Posted by brent View Post
    Bad support for consoles (no Xbox) is probably one important reason why developers won't touch it. Hopefully they'll have support for Xbox one and PS4 when these consoles become mainstream.

Also, I really hope they'll fix the messy and broken OpenGL support.
    yep, that's the biggest problem with it right now. It's OpenGL support isnt anywhere close to being compliant with standards. Unigine doesnt work with drivers that are standards complaint.

Quote Originally Posted by brent View Post
    Hopefully they'll have support for Xbox one and PS4 when these consoles become mainstream.
    Hopefully, Xbox one will never become mainstream. Which seems likely, with all the bad publicity it's received due to egregious spying features and such. No one trusts microsoft anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by dee. View Post
    Hopefully, Xbox one will never become mainstream. Which seems likely, with all the bad publicity it's received due to egregious spying features and such. No one trusts microsoft anymore.
    who trusted microsoft before? it had NSA keys in it back in like 95

Quote Originally Posted by dee. View Post
    I was at a local computer repair shop today where I heard a group of guys talking about the Xbox one and they seemed like they were very enthusiastic about it. Though I tried interjecting about the APU specs they had no idea what the hell I was talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by uid313 View Post
    I wish Unigine would make some open source contributions.
    Perhaps contributions to Mesa, or open source some of their tools or something.
    That reminds me, whey did you never bother to donate to the Mesa GL_KHR_debug campain? I even offered to match your donation on top of the 25$ donation that I made my self. You never even responeded to the topic. It makes you look like a giant hypocrate that just want thigns for free from corporations.

Quote Originally Posted by LinuxGamer View Post
    who trusted microsoft before? it had NSA keys in it back in like 95
    So. If you're not plotting to blow anything up they don't give a flying fuck about you.