Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: AMD Releases R300 3D Register Guide

Default AMD Releases R300 3D Register Guide

Phoronix: AMD Releases R300 3D Register Guide

Last month right before FOSDEM 2008, the 3D programming documentation for the R500 GPUs (Radeon X1000) series was released. This documentation consisted of a register reference guide for the R500 GPUs as well as a programming guide covering such areas as the command processor, vertex shaders, and fragment shaders. While the register reference guide for the R600 series is still being worked on, for those with older ATI graphics processors, AMD has went back and created a register reference guide for the R300 series.

http://www.phoronix.com/vr.php?view=12022

There's an extra %20 on the end of the URL on the link to the developer GPU info page on the article, and there doesn't seem to be any R300 technical docs up just yet...

Quote Originally Posted by Svartalf View Post
    There's an extra %20 on the end of the URL on the link to the developer GPU info page on the article,
    Oops, fixed.

Quote Originally Posted by Svartalf View Post
    and there doesn't seem to be any R300 technical docs up just yet...

They are on X.Org server right now and should be on AMD server shortly (I expect).

Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post
    They are on X.Org server right now and should be on AMD server shortly (I expect).
    I put the request in. They should be up soon on the AMD servers. For now you can grab it from the Xorg site.

Already got it. Looks like we're going to get the 3D in there sooner than later. Makes me want to find a bit of time to help with Gallium, it does. Reading up on what the plan is, it sounds like a lot of fun.

i wasn't expecting this docs to get released so quickly. ati continues to surprise me with their commitment.

Well, i just got a box that can put my x800 xT AGP to work soon with OSS driver

Looking good ati, keep up the good work to make my multi os experience EVEN better!.

I dont fancy nvidia much, even though they got good linux drivers, but laptops i go with nvidia, might be changing very very soon at this rate

Ati keeps suprising us all i think yoshi

From being the worst too soon the best i guess!

They're grouped in with the R300 driver in dri/mesa sources, but I'm uncertain...does this include the dreaded XPress 200M and co., or will there be a separate RS480 dump?

Cheers,
    Jesse

Quote Originally Posted by avsa242 View Post
    They're grouped in with the R300 driver in dri/mesa sources, but I'm uncertain...does this include the dreaded XPress 200M and co., or will there be a separate RS480 dump?
    This covers RS4xx 3D as well. The only exception is the lack of a vertex shader.

For clarity, it's the RS480 which lacks the vertex shader, not the documentation