No announcement yet.

radeon-profile: tool for changing profiles and monitoring some GPU parameters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• radeon-profile: tool for changing profiles and monitoring some GPU parameters

Hi everyone!

I made gui application for changing profiles and monitoring temperature, clocks and voltage (if available). Works with old profiles and DPM.
    I also tried implement functionality like radeontop but with no luck so far.
    Qt4 is required and lm-sensors for temperature.

Main window
    Graphs

Bug reports, comments and other thoughts are welcome

Application to read current clocks of ATi Radeon cards (xf86-video-ati, xf86-video-amdgpu) - marazmista/radeon-profile

Arch Linux AUR

I bump this for what deserves to be bumped!

Comment

Was curious and wanted to try it myself, but with failed installation attempts :V

Code:
      x@Akaigo-Arc:~$ cd '/home/x/Repositories/radeon-profile-master/radeon-profile' 
      x@Akaigo-Arc:~/Repositories/radeon-profile-master/radeon-profile$ qmake-qt4 && make
      /usr/bin/uic-qt4 radeon_profile.ui -o ui_radeon_profile.h
      make: /usr/bin/uic-qt4: Command not found
      make: *** [ui_radeon_profile.h] Error 127
      x@Akaigo-Arc:~/Repositories/radeon-profile-master/radeon-profile$ `qmake-qt4 && make`
      bash: /usr/bin/uic-qt4: No such file or directory
      x@Akaigo-Arc:~/Repositories/radeon-profile-master/radeon-profile$ qmake-qt4
      x@Akaigo-Arc:~/Repositories/radeon-profile-master/radeon-profile$ make
      /usr/bin/uic-qt4 radeon_profile.ui -o ui_radeon_profile.h
      x@Akaigo-Arc:~/Repositories/radeon-profile-master/radeon-profile$
      I have qmake-qt4 installed.

What am I doing wrong?

EDIT: Oh nvm, was missing some deps for qt4 >_>
      EDIT: Pretty handy tool~ Oh and if 'profiles' tab is greyed out, that mean that there are no profiles for me to set?
      Last edited by Bushido_root; 18 October 2013, 12:49 PM.

Comment

'Profiles' tab is enabled when kernel version is below 3.11 (no dpm support and then dpm tab is disabled). In 3.11 DPM was introduced and old profiles(default, auto, low, mid, high) were replaced by DPM profiles (battery, balanced, preformance).

Comment

Originally posted by marazmista View Post
          'Profiles' tab is enabled when kernel version is below 3.11 (no dpm support and then dpm tab is disabled). In 3.11 DPM was introduced and old profiles(default, auto, low, mid, high) were replaced by DPM profiles (battery, balanced, preformance).
          Ah I see, thanks for clearing that up.
          Seeing how there's no 'make install' I just ran ./radeon-profile (as sudo) after qmake-qt4 && make which launched the program just fine.
          Am I suppose to move the newly made radeon-profile bin to /usr/bin ?

EDIT: Oh, would it be possible for you to make a feature where one could minimize the window to systray? That would be neat seeing how you already made a system tray feature already.
          Last edited by Bushido_root; 18 October 2013, 07:29 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Bushido_root View Post
            Am I suppose to move the newly made radeon-profile bin to /usr/bin ?
            Yes, it will work normally. It is one-file application.

Originally posted by Bushido_root View Post
            EDIT: Oh, would it be possible for you to make a feature where one could minimize the window to systray? That would be neat seeing how you already made a system tray feature already.
            You can hide app to tray by clicking the tray icon(and restore by clicking again). As you suggested, I modified it today and now app go to tray when minimized.

Comment

Originally posted by marazmista View Post
              Yes, it will work normally. It is one-file application.

You can hide app to tray by clicking the tray icon(and restore by clicking again). As you suggested, I modified it today and now app go to tray when minimized.
              Thank you.

Comment

I tried it on my RS880/HD4290 with kernel 3.11 and DPM enabled, and without root access it works, but doesn't show clock etc.. Run as root it crashes, it seems the RS880 doesn't report voltages, /sys/kernel/debug/dri/0/radeon_pm_info looks like this:
                Code:
                uvd    vclk: 0 dclk: 0
                power level 0    sclk: 50000 vddc_index: 1

Comment

Thanks for reporting this! I pushed fix to git repo, so now it should read values correctly.

Comment

Thanks, that did it.

Comment

Working...
                    X