Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11

Thread: Ubuntu 12.04.3 LTS Release Just Happened

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    14,359

    Default Ubuntu 12.04.3 LTS Release Just Happened

    Phoronix: Ubuntu 12.04.3 LTS Release Just Happened

    Friday afternoon marked the release of Ubuntu 12.04.3 LTS, the latest point release to the most recent Ubuntu Linux Long-Term Support update...

    http://www.phoronix.com/vr.php?view=MTQ0NDE

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    715

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by phoronix View Post
    Phoronix: Ubuntu 12.04.3 LTS Release Just Happened

    Friday afternoon marked the release of Ubuntu 12.04.3 LTS, the latest point release to the most recent Ubuntu Linux Long-Term Support update...

    http://www.phoronix.com/vr.php?view=MTQ0NDE
    Just waiting for the Bug Tracker's to get Blown up

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Kingston, Jamaica
    Posts
    295

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LinuxGamer View Post
    Just waiting for the Bug Tracker's to get Blown up
    Your obsession with Canonical and Ubuntu cannot be healthy.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    715

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jayrulez View Post
    Your obsession with Canonical and Ubuntu cannot be healthy.
    So is your Zealot and You do have a good Point Any thing to do with Canonical or Ubuntu is Unhealthy

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Kingston, Jamaica
    Posts
    295

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LinuxGamer View Post
    So is your Zealot and You do have a good Point Any thing to do with Canonical or Ubuntu is Unhealthy
    Shhhh! You "inner idiot" is showing.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    63

    Default

    Anyone tried to upgrade to it manually? I have same problem on 2 PCs:
    Code:
    sudo apt-get install --install-recommends linux-generic-lts-raring linux-headers-generic-lts-raring xserver-xorg-lts-raring
    ...
    The following packages have unmet dependencies:
    xserver-xorg-lts-raring : Depends: xserver-xorg-input-evdev-lts-raring but it is not going to be installed
                               Recommends: libgl1-mesa-dri-lts-raring but it is not going to be installed
                               Recommends: libgl1-mesa-glx-lts-raring but it is not going to be installed
                               Recommends: xserver-xorg-input-all-lts-raring but it is not going to be installed
                               Recommends: xserver-xorg-video-all-lts-raring but it is not going to be installed
                               Recommends: x11-xserver-utils-lts-raring
                               Conflicts: libgl1-mesa-glx (>= 0~)
                               Conflicts: libgl1-mesa-glx:i386 (>= 0~)
                               Conflicts: libglapi-mesa (>= 0~)
                               Conflicts: libglapi-mesa:i386 (>= 0~)
    E: Unable to correct problems, you have held broken packages.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    1,442

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by leonmaxx View Post
    Anyone tried to upgrade to it manually? I have same problem on 2 PCs:
    Code:
    sudo apt-get install --install-recommends linux-generic-lts-raring linux-headers-generic-lts-raring xserver-xorg-lts-raring
    ...
    The following packages have unmet dependencies:
    xserver-xorg-lts-raring : Depends: xserver-xorg-input-evdev-lts-raring but it is not going to be installed
                               Recommends: libgl1-mesa-dri-lts-raring but it is not going to be installed
                               Recommends: libgl1-mesa-glx-lts-raring but it is not going to be installed
                               Recommends: xserver-xorg-input-all-lts-raring but it is not going to be installed
                               Recommends: xserver-xorg-video-all-lts-raring but it is not going to be installed
                               Recommends: x11-xserver-utils-lts-raring
                               Conflicts: libgl1-mesa-glx (>= 0~)
                               Conflicts: libgl1-mesa-glx:i386 (>= 0~)
                               Conflicts: libglapi-mesa (>= 0~)
                               Conflicts: libglapi-mesa:i386 (>= 0~)
    E: Unable to correct problems, you have held broken packages.
    Why are you trying to bring in raring packages?

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    40

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by johnc View Post
    Why are you trying to bring in raring packages?
    Ubuntu now provides newer kernels + graphics stack for LTS releases (only 12.04 right now). They are listed under the lts-[codename] suffix, with codename coming from the Ubuntu release it's backported from.

    https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Kernel/LTSEnablementStack

    Quote Originally Posted by leonmaxx View Post
    Anyone tried to upgrade to it manually? I have same problem on 2 PCs:
    Look at your conflicts. You missed libgl1-mesa-glx-lts-raring.
    Last edited by ModplanMan; 08-24-2013 at 05:41 AM.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    432

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LinuxGamer View Post
    Just waiting for the Bug Tracker's to get Blown up
    You may find this link useful: http://theoatmeal.com/comics/apostrophe

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    1,116

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LinuxGamer View Post
    Just waiting for the Bug Tracker's to get Blown up
    While waiting read a book about English grammar, especially the parts about punctuation and capitalization.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •