Thread: Intel Bay Trail / Silvermont Linux Hardware Support

Default Intel Bay Trail / Silvermont Linux Hardware Support

Phoronix: Intel Bay Trail / Silvermont Linux Hardware Support

In the months ahead there's going to be a variety of tablets, 2-in-1 devices, and other low-power systems running off Intel Atom Bay Trail / Silvermont SoCs that were announced yesterday. While the new Atoms are exciting for their use of in-house HD Graphics and low-power design, how's the Linux support?..

http://www.phoronix.com/vr.php?view=MTQ2MDI

Smile

There have been reports on some other sites talking about 99$ Z3000 Atom tablets... Assuming it's not some kind of mistake - as it sounds WAY too cheap for an Intel - I can tell you right now what I'll be getting for Christmas

Default Plasma Active Xorg and Wayland vs Ubuntu Mir at this Intel x64 Cheap tablets

Plasma Active Xorg and Wayland vs Ubuntu Mir at this Intel x64 Cheap tablets

With videos and other benchmarking as battery ones should be great

I would add MS WOS with KDE installed, perhaps is the solution for the Metro Fiasco to Install KDE for MS WOS

Unfortunately KDE PLASMA and Unity would not be selled preinstalled at this cheap tablets

And at this moment dalvik - Android - performs hajf its hardware power and NT is of course worse than any nix.