Thread: GNOME's Rhythmbox 3.0 Released

Default GNOME's Rhythmbox 3.0 Released

Phoronix: GNOME's Rhythmbox 3.0 Released

A few weeks after Amarok 2.8 was released on the KDE side, GNOME's Rhythmbox 3.0 music player is now available...

http://www.phoronix.com/vr.php?view=MTQ1NTg

is this the final release of rhythmbox? there was news some time ago that the gnome devs were working on a new music player.

Quote Originally Posted by dstaubsauger View Post
    is this the final release of rhythmbox? there was news some time ago that the gnome devs were working on a new music player.
    I hope it doesn't go unmaintained. It just works for me and is always my first port of call. I personally dont care about new features for it, just so long as it keeps being maintained for future kernels+OS environment updates. Everything seems to be going Qt these days anyway.

I like the release name; 'I Eat Tapes' ....ahhh, goodbye bad old tech. I will not miss you.

Quote Originally Posted by stiiixy View Post
    Everything seems to be going Qt these days anyway.
    I wasn't aware of any high profile GTK3 apps going to Qt. Which are you thinking of?

Quote Originally Posted by dstaubsauger View Post
    Anyone can work on anything they want. There is a Music application that has been developed. There is always room for multiple applications though. E.g. the Music app might be too simplistic for some. In which case it is nice to have a few alternatives to choose from.

>Support for composer tags

About damn time! It took them 10 years to implement this!

Quote Originally Posted by leif81 View Post
    I wasn't aware of any high profile GTK3 apps going to Qt. Which are you thinking of?
    Whilst not the most accurate of off the cuff claims, you are taking things out of context slightly. Try this; anything looking for a modern toolkit and not already a GTK/Gnome app, the buzz makes it look like all heavenly goodness happens in Qt

I personally always prefered Amarok 1.4-style player. When I was using Gnome it was Exaile, and now Clementine, which really kicks ass imo.