Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 120

Thread: Fedora 20 Moves Ahead With Wayland Tech Preview

  1. #11
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    1,443

    Default

    Guys, on behalf of everyone sensible who advocates for Wayland and thinks Mir is a bad idea,

    please stop helping.

  2. #12
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    221

    Default red hat and other

    this guys give up from desktop, now only gives bad distros with the name fedora, no one with brains use fedora, nothing works well

  3. #13
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    144

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ericg View Post
    Blatant troll. Welcome to the ignorelist.
    He's not trolling. I'm using Fedora 19 right now and the installer is extremely fragile and unintuitive while NetworkManager can't be made to do anything beyond DHCP and WiFi. I even had issues with the static ip, the WPA Hotspot and the firewall...

    Nevertheless, Fedora 20 sounds extremely promising. Especially installing connman and E17

  4. #14
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Pennsylvania, United States
    Posts
    1,859

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by c117152 View Post
    He's not trolling. I'm using Fedora 19 right now and the installer is extremely fragile and unintuitive while NetworkManager can't be made to do anything beyond DHCP and WiFi. I even had issues with the static ip, the WPA Hotspot and the firewall...

    Nevertheless, Fedora 20 sounds extremely promising. Especially installing connman and E17
    He's trolling, or at minimum flamebaiting, if he blatantly says "This sucks." And nothing else (Read some of his other recent posts theyre all flamebait waiting to catch fire).

    Installer fragile? Yes, granted. Better than in 18 though, and 20 I heard is supposed to have a few more changes to tweak it a bit. (Personally I wish they would've adopted Ubuntu's ubiquity and just modified it to suit their purposes... Installer is one thing Ubuntu got really right)

    Network Manager... Not sure about your issues with static IP and the WPA hotspot (mine work fine, maybe some weird hardware incompatibility?) Firewall..I honestly dont even turn it on so I can't comment. If you were talking about bridging and more Virtual Machine stuff like that, thats all coming in Fedora 20. Upstream NM didn't have support for it before, now they do.

    Fedora 20 is gonna niiiiiiiiice. KDE 4.11, Kernel 3.11, Gnome 3.10, Wayland, and E17... Just...Yes XD

  5. #15
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    1,257

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LinuxGamer View Post
    <stupid bullshit>
    Speaking of people who have nothing to say that blather on endlessly...

  6. #16
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Northumberland, UK
    Posts
    98

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Honton View Post
    Dear Shuttleworth + other contributor agreement lovers,

    F U!

    Best regards
    Intel+Redhat-Gnome+free communities
    Isnít that a little paradoxical since Red Hat have used CLAs before?

  7. #17
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    715

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by danielnez1 View Post
    Isnít that a little paradoxical since Red Hat have used CLAs before?
    not in the same way at all and if they did i be saying the same for them

  8. #18
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    270

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ericg View Post
    Installer fragile? Yes, granted. Better than in 18 though, and 20 I heard is supposed to have a few more changes to tweak it a bit. (Personally I wish they would've adopted Ubuntu's ubiquity and just modified it to suit their purposes... Installer is one thing Ubuntu got really right)
    Remember designing a very good installer is extremely challenging it takes time to mature, same thing happened with Ubuntu Ubiquity in its early days. The Hub layout used by Fedora Installer is already a win making it less linear without having to get back several step.
    Because of its flexibility due to its much larger audience from consumer to enterprise marketing, Ubiquity will not be enough because it is too basic.

  9. #19
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    715

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by finalzone View Post
    Remember designing a very good installer is extremely challenging it takes time to mature, same thing happened with Ubuntu Ubiquity in its early days. The Hub layout used by Fedora Installer is already a win making it less linear without having to get back several step.
    Because of its flexibility due to its much larger audience from consumer to enterprise marketing, Ubiquity will not be enough because it is too basic.
    Fedora is mosty for IT guys and Developers any ways

  10. #20
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Pennsylvania, United States
    Posts
    1,859

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LinuxGamer View Post
    Fedora is mosty for IT guys and Developers any ways
    I wouldn't go that far... Fedora + EasyLife is a great way to handle a user friendly linux distro. More recent packages than OpenSUSE and Ubuntu. More polish than Arch. Good middle ground honestly.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •