Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Humble Indie Bundle 9 Brings New Linux Games

Default Humble Indie Bundle 9 Brings New Linux Games

Phoronix: Humble Indie Bundle 9 Brings New Linux Games

While the quality of Humble Indie Bundles have been somewhat sporadic as of late and there's been some Windows-only offerings, the Humble Indie Bundle 9 launched today and it ushers in three new Linux titles for the first time...

http://www.phoronix.com/vr.php?view=MTQ1OTU

Quote Originally Posted by phoronix View Post
    Phoronix: Humble Indie Bundle 9 Brings New Linux Games

While the quality of Humble Indie Bundles have been somewhat sporadic as of late and there's been some Windows-only offerings, the Humble Indie Bundle 9 launched today and it ushers in three new Linux titles for the first time...

http://www.phoronix.com/vr.php?view=MTQ1OTU
    If you give any money to Phil Fish you need to be shot.

Quote Originally Posted by yogi_berra View Post
    I think that the money given to indie bundles goes to caritative associations, don't they ?

Quote Originally Posted by doom_Oo7 View Post
    I think that the money given to indie bundles goes to caritative associations, don't they ?
    Not per default. That was only the case in the "Humble Origin Bundle".
    However, you can manually assign the whole money to a charity organization, yes.
    I usually use the default split, though.

When do I have to expect my execution?

I'm mildly shocked that Mark of the Ninja got a Linux port, even more so that the Steam installer for it seems to work on the first day of the bundles release. Though I am quite happy to see that they did go through with the port. Not like it should of taken much effort as it uses the same engine as Shank 2 which has been ported for a while now, but with Microsoft Games as the publisher I had pretty much written the game off as a lost cause.

Also pretty cool that the other 2 newcomers (Eets Munchies and Fez) also have working Steam versions on the first day of the sale, quite refreshing for a Humble Indie Bundle to have all the Linux ports on Steam working the first day. I still probably have about 50 Linux games from previous bundles that can't be installed on Steam for Linux yet.

As to Phil Fish, sure he could be a dick at times and he took way too long to get that game out, but I see neither of those as reasons not to give him his fair cut of the bundle price. Fez looks like a fun game and as mentioned above it has a Linux Steam installer first day of the sale, I am more than pleased with my purchase and totally fine with giving him some of my cash and see no reason why others shouldn't as well.
    Last edited by IanS; 09-11-2013 at 04:31 PM.

Can you explain to me what is going on? I have been seeing similar comments on the YouTube video.
    All I know about is that he apparently canceled FEZ 2 out of an angry whim, but sure that alone doesn't
    warrant the hate he is getting??

Quote Originally Posted by Ancurio View Post
    Can you explain to me what is going on? I have been seeing similar comments on the YouTube video.
    All I know about is that he apparently canceled FEZ 2 out of an angry whim, but sure that alone doesn't
    warrant the hate he is getting??
    Well, it seems he's not really on the diplomatic side.
    Last edited by entropy; 09-11-2013 at 05:22 PM.

Sadly no TL2

I see they still don't bother to list which ports for Linux (if any) have native 64-bit builds. The last time I tried to get this information from them, the HIB had ended before they replied. Can anyone tell me if any of these games have native 64-bit builds? Or are they all exclusively IA32 again?