Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 22

Thread: Gnash Flash Player Gains RTMP Streaming Support

  1. #11
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    151

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by stiiixy View Post
    This, doubly this and caramelised this.
    Flash is a too big security hole to be trusted near anything banking related.

    Mine all use pure HTML on the client side, and I'm happy this way.

    Quote Originally Posted by stiiixy View Post
    Interestingly, some of the new stuff also doesn't revert to H5 at times.
    Is it mostly the thing with ads and/or DRM? Or is there simply a lag between the two ?

    It might be that they need the additional control that flash currently offers and that HTML5 doesn't have (pending futur adoption of nightmares like HTML5 VIDEO DRM).

    It might be that the video is initially uploaded in a Flash-only codec, and it takes time to transcode indo html5 supported formats (WebM and H264)

  2. #12
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shnatsel View Post
    Also, RTMP was actually reverse-engineered by MPlayer developers and they wrote an open-source implementation of the protocol (librtmp). So doubly meh.
    Rob Savoye, author of Gnash reverse engineered RTMP, and it worked in gnash ages ago.

  3. #13
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    40

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by frign View Post
    BO$$ is back!

    Before reading your name I knew you had written this.
    and of course someone quotes/replies... sigh.

  4. #14

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by aironeous View Post
    I don't understand how you or anyone else says that.
    CNN, the daily show, my bank website, hulu, youtube, everything uses flash, without It I can't function
    Your bank website uses flash? For what? the login screen Hahaha that's pathetic.

  5. #15
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    148

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BO$$ View Post
    Gnash == amateur beginner programmers with no resources. Flash == Genius programmers paid in gold by a real company. No wonder closed source > open source. It isn't that hard to succeed in front of beginning weekend programmers.
    troll softer

  6. #16
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    3,023

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AnonymousCoward View Post
    Your bank website uses flash? For what? the login screen Hahaha that's pathetic.
    My bank uses it to generate charts/graphs. And I think they have a java app that displays what your checks will look like with the different options when you order them.

    It's pretty annoying, but certainly nothing that's going to make me switch banks.

  7. #17
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    267

    Default

    In my experience, Gnash can be made to work, with the right magic (right version of Firefox, right version of the dependencies, sometimes a greasemonkey script...)
    Lightspark, on the other hand, never showed me more than a black square.
    I gave up and installed flash when it was needed for some school assignments.
    But of late, I generally don't need it.

  8. #18
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Barcelona, Spain
    Posts
    286

    Default

    google chrome + flash pepeer, total win.

  9. #19
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    176

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ibidem View Post
    In my experience, Gnash can be made to work, with the right magic (right version of Firefox, right version of the dependencies, sometimes a greasemonkey script...)
    Lightspark, on the other hand, never showed me more than a black square.
    I gave up and installed flash when it was needed for some school assignments.
    But of late, I generally don't need it.
    They should be using tamarin... AFAIK, it's like 10% of flash.
    Anyway, there is a replacement for flash being developed for firefox: https://github.com/mozilla/shumway


    Quote Originally Posted by pandev92 View Post
    google chrome + flash pepeer, total win.
    pepper + chromium ( http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.p...4#post12072504 or http://www.ubuntugeek.com/how-to-ins...-gnulinux.html ) FTW :P

  10. #20
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    238

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by asdfblah View Post
    They should be using tamarin... AFAIK, it's like 10% of flash.
    Anyway, there is a replacement for flash being developed for firefox: https://github.com/mozilla/shumway
    The problem its just an other wrapper, where the original flash and the ppapi flash is native.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •