Thread: FreeBSD 9.2 Brings ZFS TRIM, ZFS LZ4, Updated DTrace

Default FreeBSD 9.2 Brings ZFS TRIM, ZFS LZ4, Updated DTrace

Phoronix: FreeBSD 9.2 Brings ZFS TRIM, ZFS LZ4, Updated DTrace

After being challenged by days and while FreeBSD 10.0 is up to Alpha 4, the FreeBSD Foundation and its developers released FreeBSD 9.2 today as stable...

http://www.phoronix.com/vr.php?view=MTQ3MzU

Default zpool version?

Kudos to the FreeBSD team for all the hard work in getting this release out!

I couldn't find any clear info about the current ZFS zpool version used in FreeBSD 9.2. Is it still at 28, or are they moving up to 5000 to take advantage of feature flags?

Quote Originally Posted by hiddenmaverick View Post

I couldn't find any clear info about the current ZFS zpool version used in FreeBSD 9.2. Is it still at 28, or are they moving up to 5000 to take advantage of feature flags?
    This is what I could dig up:

http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/man.cgi?q...SD+9.2-RELEASE

Quote Originally Posted by hiddenmaverick View Post

The ZFS storage pool version in FreeBSD 9.2-RELEASE is v5000 with feature flags. In fact LZ4 compression is one of the features that come with feature flags enabled.