Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Civilization V Might Be Heading To Linux

Whatever to the rumor that Batman:arkham City was comingf to Linux? I remember Michael showing of picture of it running on Linux. Also did anything materialize from Blizzard regarding Linux at all yet?

it's the 22nd, game is not there, so -> case closed.

But what really bugs me is, that in those videos where Valve presented the Steam console, you can see Civ 5 a few times...so either they are running Windows on those machines or there is a Civ 5 version out there that runs on Linuxoid systems.

Quote Originally Posted by Detructor View Post
    it's the 22nd, game is not there, so -> case closed.

But what really bugs me is, that in those videos where Valve presented the Steam console, you can see Civ 5 a few times...so either they are running Windows on those machines or there is a Civ 5 version out there that runs on Linuxoid systems.
    It's too soon to say that. It's only 8AM on the 22nd where I live here in the US.

Or they're referencing the streaming feature they mentioned.

Quote Originally Posted by tga.d View Post
    Or they're referencing the streaming feature they mentioned.
    streaming feature? Wait...is that that same stuff they[=some publishers] talked some years ago about? Having a server that renders everything and your computer 'just' displays everything and forwards the input to the server again? I thought everyone agreed that that was/is bullshit?!

streaming feature? Wait...is that that same stuff they[=some publishers] talked some years ago about? Having a server that renders everything and your computer 'just' displays everything and forwards the input to the server again? I thought everyone agreed that that was/is bullshit?!
    It was part of the official announcement.
    http://store.steampowered.com/livingroom/SteamOS/
    ctrl+f Streaming
    This is over lan from another one of your computers, but it's the same idea, and could probably be extended to remote servers in the future.

It's still in buisness:
    http://www.onlive.com/

Quote Originally Posted by tga.d View Post
    It was part of the official announcement.
    http://store.steampowered.com/livingroom/SteamOS/
    ctrl+f Streaming
    This is over lan from another one of your computers, but it's the same idea, and could probably be extended to remote servers in the future.
    okay, I get what they are trying to achieve with that...but I still don't like it.

so, does this was all false?

Quote Originally Posted by edoantonioco View Post
    so, does this was all false?
    For now probably yes. But it was perfectly with Steam's in-home streaming. On the other hand, Valve talk about playing Civ5 on SteamOS a lot, so maybe sooner or later it will be ported.