Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: Mir Finally Turned On For Ubuntu Touch 13.10

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    14,816

    Default Mir Finally Turned On For Ubuntu Touch 13.10

    Phoronix: Mir Finally Turned On For Ubuntu Touch 13.10

    After a few days of wrangling, the very latest Ubuntu Touch images have the Mir Display Server replacing Android's SurfaceFlinger...

    http://www.phoronix.com/vr.php?view=MTQ4MTU

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    757

    Default

    Wasn't Mir on Ubuntu Touch images actually targeted for May 2013 initially?

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Oslo
    Posts
    53

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by blackout23 View Post
    Wasn't Mir on Ubuntu Touch images actually targeted for May 2013 initially?
    Seems unlikely given that they announced Mir in March. I've only heard late August/early September.
    http://www.jonobacon.org/2013/08/15/...-ubuntu-13-10/

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    757

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jonnor View Post
    Seems unlikely given that they announced Mir in March. I've only heard late August/early September.
    http://www.jonobacon.org/2013/08/15/...-ubuntu-13-10/
    This is what made me think they wanted to have Mir on Ubuntu Touch a lot earlier.

    https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Mir/Spec#May_2013

    Currently the Phablet image uses SurfaceFlinger to render. But very soon, this will be replaced with Mir and eventually the tablet will use the same infrastructure as the desktop image:
    The image shows the Ubuntu Touch stack on Mir in May '13.

    Maybe the ran into more roadblocks than expected, which gives the impression that the Mir developers don't have a lot experience in this field.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,127

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by blackout23 View Post
    Maybe the ran into more roadblocks than expected, which gives the impression that the Mir developers don't have a lot experience in this field.
    The first 90% of the work takes the first 90% of the time, and the last 10% of the work takes the last 90% of the time

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •