Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 35

Thread: Qt For Tizen Update Does Qt 5.2 Alpha, Wayland Happy

  1. #11
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    143

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DanL View Post
    I see the FSF wrote a bot to pimp their memes ad nauseum on Phoronix...
    No, FSF requires CLA for all contributions as well. Honton is apparently more fanatically opensource that RMS. Either that or just making anything up as he goes.

  2. #12
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    525

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Honton View Post
    And who are you? A bot denying bad things that have come of prior assigning. Like when f...ing Oracle took over SUN and turned open source against its contributors.
    Apache Openoffice > Libreoffice

  3. #13
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    52

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by carewolf View Post
    No, FSF requires CLA for all contributions as well. Honton is apparently more fanatically opensource that RMS. Either that or just making anything up as he goes.
    Why the FSF gets copyright assignments from contributors
    https://www.gnu.org/licenses/why-assign.en.html

  4. #14
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,066

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by carewolf View Post
    No, FSF requires CLA for all contributions as well. Honton is apparently more fanatically opensource that RMS. Either that or just making anything up as he goes.
    No, he is just against anything he sees as competition for Gnome. CLA is just a cover, one of many he employs.

  5. #15
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    1,116

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Honton View Post
    Digias CLA is because Digia don't want copylefted code inside Qt.
    Wrong again. Digia doesn't care about copylefted code, the CLA is there so that they can dual license Qt, something that you seemingly are not able or not willing to understand.


    Do your home work.
    In Germany we would say "Wer im Glashaus sitzt sollte nicht mit Steinen werfen.", which comes down to: Don't ask others to do things you yourself are not willing to do.

  6. #16
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    2,926

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Honton View Post
    Digias CLA is because Digia don't want copylefted code inside Qt.
    And that is why all of Qt is copylefted.

    Nah, doesn't make sense, as usual.

    Digia simply wants to license Qt to some commercial customers and use the money to produce more GPL code. And if they ever stop releasing stuff as GPL and LGPL, they lose everything -- CLA and all.

  7. #17
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,066

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Honton View Post
    Guys, being many and loud does not change the fact that you are wrong. Qt is not copyleft, the CLA kills the copyleft when patches are upstreamed.
    It is more copyleft than Wayland. Or Firefox.

  8. #18
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    2,926

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Honton View Post
    Qt is not copyleft. CLA kills the copyleft. Deal with it!
    It's more copyleft than Wayland. Or Firefox. Or xorg. Or Mesa. Or CUPS.

  9. #19
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    322

    Default

    +1 #22, #24, & Others

    That troll will never give-up, complete loser.
    Last edited by jalyst; 10-12-2013 at 01:13 AM.

  10. #20
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    3,029

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Honton View Post
    Do your home work.
    Oh god, the irony.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •