Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 57

Thread: Mesa 10.0 Is Declared: OpenGL 3.2 Comes For Intel Linux

  1. #31
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    643

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pontostroy View Post
    OpenSuSE 12.3 (had Kernel:HEAD, and X11 enabled for 3.11 and Mesa 9.2, but deleted them before added Yours)

    Code:
    przemoli@linux-51yz:~> glxinfo | grep Mesa
    client glx vendor string: Mesa Project and SGI
    OpenGL version string: 3.0 Mesa 10.0.0-devel
    
    przemoli@linux-51yz:~> glxinfo | grep OpenGL
    OpenGL vendor string: X.Org
    OpenGL renderer string: Gallium 0.4 on AMD REDWOOD
    OpenGL version string: 3.0 Mesa 10.0.0-devel
    OpenGL shading language version string: 1.30
    OpenGL extensions:
    
    przemoli@linux-51yz:~> sudo zypper install Mesa-demo-x
    Loading repository data...
    Reading installed packages...
    'Mesa-demo-x' is already installed.
    No update candidate for 'Mesa-demo-x-8.0.1-8.1.1.x86_64'. The highest available version is already installed.
    Resolving package dependencies...
    
    Nothing to do.

  2. #32
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    280

    Default firmware

    Quote Originally Posted by przemoli View Post
    Are You sure that proper FIRMWARE is on Your machine?

    *_smc.bin

    In:

    /lib/firmware/radeon
    there are
    TAHITI_ce.bin
    TAHITI_mc.bin
    TAHITI_me.bin
    TAHITI_pfp.bin
    TAHITI_rlc.bin
    TAHITI_smc.bin
    TAHITI_uvd.bin

    all from 28.july - however HD 7950 is known as Tahiti Pro - should there be a TAHITIPRO_smc.bin?

  3. #33
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    280

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pontostroy View Post
    Which llvm-files should be installed for radeonsi?
    I am confused about those llvm-r600 files, as the name indicates that those are without radeonsi support...
    There is however only libclang and libllvm left then and no clang and no llvm files....

  4. #34
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    280

    Default fglrx....

    for the time being i headed back to
    fglrx64_xpic_SUSE131-13.20.11-1.x86_64

    however.... i messed up my system completely somehow:

    Code:
    glxinfo 
    name of display: :0
    libGL error: failed to load driver: swrast
    libGL error: Try again with LIBGL_DEBUG=verbose for more details.
    X Error of failed request:  0
      Major opcode of failed request:  155 (GLX)
      Minor opcode of failed request:  26 (X_GLXMakeContextCurrent)
      Serial number of failed request:  33
      Current serial number in output stream:  33
    and steam says

    Code:
    OpenGL GLX context is not using direct rendering, which may cause performance problems.
    For more information visit https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=9938-EYZB-7457.
    the linked support-article doesnŽt help me. Anyone know how to enable direct rendering?

  5. #35
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    176

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tomtomme View Post
    for the time being i headed back to
    fglrx64_xpic_SUSE131-13.20.11-1.x86_64

    however.... i messed up my system completely somehow:

    Code:
    glxinfo 
    name of display: :0
    libGL error: failed to load driver: swrast
    libGL error: Try again with LIBGL_DEBUG=verbose for more details.
    X Error of failed request:  0
      Major opcode of failed request:  155 (GLX)
      Minor opcode of failed request:  26 (X_GLXMakeContextCurrent)
      Serial number of failed request:  33
      Current serial number in output stream:  33
    and steam says

    Code:
    OpenGL GLX context is not using direct rendering, which may cause performance problems.
    For more information visit https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=9938-EYZB-7457.
    the linked support-article doesnŽt help me. Anyone know how to enable direct rendering?
    Are you sure you removed fglrx correctly the last time? also, did you remove/reinstall the X and mesa packages?

  6. #36
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    280

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by asdfblah View Post
    Are you sure you removed fglrx correctly the last time? also, did you remove/reinstall the X and mesa packages?
    I did delete the fglrx-rpm via the package manager. Is there anything more to do to remove it completely except deleting the xorg.conf?

    I did NOT delete X and mesa, I just upgrade them for the OSS driver. For fglrx I also did NOT re-install them. Why? I did not know that this may be a source of error...is it? Why? IŽd like to learn!

  7. #37
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    280

    Default

    Now I did re-install every bit of mesa xorg drm etc. and fglrx but the error remains. Maybe just a bug in this suse RC1 or the fglrx-beta... iŽll have to wait for the stable releases me think

  8. #38
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    176

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tomtomme View Post
    I did delete the fglrx-rpm via the package manager. Is there anything more to do to remove it completely except deleting the xorg.conf?

    I did NOT delete X and mesa, I just upgrade them for the OSS driver. For fglrx I also did NOT re-install them. Why? I did not know that this may be a source of error...is it? Why? IŽd like to learn!
    well, at least for ubuntu/debian, it's recommended to remove and reinstall mesa and X when removing fglrx: http://wiki.cchtml.com/index.php/Ubu...talyst.2Ffglrx

  9. #39
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    280

    Default hard freeze again

    Quote Originally Posted by asdfblah View Post
    well, at least for ubuntu/debian, it's recommended to remove and reinstall mesa and X when removing fglrx: http://wiki.cchtml.com/index.php/Ubu...talyst.2Ffglrx
    I followed the tutorial now and updated everything again after deleting fglrx etc. - it made no change. I got a hard freeze again.

    Is glamor.conf really needed and in which dir? It seems to make no difference if it is there or not?
    And I already have a 05_glamor.conf that is automatically created - so whats the right name for the file exactly and the exact content??

    Section "Module"
    Load "dri2"
    Load "glamoregl"
    EndSection
    Section "Device"
    Identifier "Radeon"
    Driver "radeon"
    Option "AccelMethod" "glamor"
    EndSection
    Do I have to manualy put other files somewhere and with which contents?

    thx
    Last edited by tomtomme; 10-15-2013 at 02:28 PM.

  10. #40
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    280

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pontostroy View Post
    Hi Pontostroy,

    today I switched from 13.1 to factory. Now the hard freeze on startup is gone, x11 however crashes to console. The good thing is, now I can get logs and I can also boot to kde with grub-option x11failsafe and radeon.dpm=1
    Switch to radeon.dpm=0 only does not help.

    http://pastebin.com/z0P88GNz (xorg.0.log from the normal boot that crashed x with radeon.dpm=1)


    Are there more I could post?
    Here some extracts:

    cat Xorg.0.log | grep glamor
    Code:
    [     8.405] (II) LoadModule: "glamoregl"
    [     8.407] (II) Loading /usr/lib64/xorg/modules/libglamoregl.so
    [     8.408] (II) Module glamoregl: vendor="X.Org Foundation"
    [     8.415] (**) RADEON(0): Option "AccelMethod" "glamor"
    [     8.415] (II) Loading sub module "glamoregl"
    [     8.415] (II) LoadModule: "glamoregl"
    [     8.415] (II) Loading /usr/lib64/xorg/modules/libglamoregl.so
    [     8.415] (II) Module glamoregl: vendor="X.Org Foundation"
    [     8.415] (II) glamor: OpenGL accelerated X.org driver based.
    [     8.481] (II) glamor: EGL version 1.4 (DRI2):
    [     8.496] (II) RADEON(0): glamor detected, initialising EGL layer.
    [     8.770] (EE) RADEON(0): Failed to set up textured video (glamor)
    cat Xorg.0.log | grep EE
    Code:
    [     8.397] Current Operating System: Linux linux.site 3.12.0-rc4-2-desktop #1 SMP PREEMPT Fri Oct 11 16:35:04 UTC 2013 (8fdbb19) x86_64
            (WW) warning, (EE) error, (NI) not implemented, (??) unknown.
    [     8.405] Initializing built-in extension MIT-SCREEN-SAVER
    [     8.770] (EE) RADEON(0): Failed to set up textured video (glamor)
    [     8.811] (EE) 
    [     8.811] (EE) Backtrace:
    [     8.811] (EE) 0: /usr/bin/Xorg (xorg_backtrace+0x3d) [0x584cbd]
    [     8.811] (EE) 1: /usr/bin/Xorg (0x400000+0x188a29) [0x588a29]
    [     8.812] (EE) 2: /lib64/libpthread.so.0 (0x7fa102b34000+0xf9f0) [0x7fa102b439f0]
    [     8.812] (EE) 3: /usr/lib64/dri/radeonsi_dri.so (0x7fa0f63aa000+0x3229dc) [0x7fa0f66cc9dc]
    [     8.812] (EE) 4: /usr/lib64/dri/radeonsi_dri.so (0x7fa0f63aa000+0x3233dd) [0x7fa0f66cd3dd]
    [     8.812] (EE) 5: /usr/lib64/dri/radeonsi_dri.so (0x7fa0f63aa000+0x31c9ea) [0x7fa0f66c69ea]
    [     8.812] (EE) 6: /usr/lib64/dri/radeonsi_dri.so (0x7fa0f63aa000+0x31d595) [0x7fa0f66c7595]
    [     8.812] (EE) 7: /usr/lib64/dri/radeonsi_dri.so (0x7fa0f63aa000+0x454a8) [0x7fa0f63ef4a8]
    [     8.812] (EE) 8: /usr/lib64/dri/radeonsi_dri.so (0x7fa0f63aa000+0x334055) [0x7fa0f66de055]
    [     8.812] (EE) 9: /usr/lib64/dri/radeonsi_dri.so (0x7fa0f63aa000+0x464e4) [0x7fa0f63f04e4]
    [     8.812] (EE) 10: /usr/lib64/xorg/modules/extensions/libglx.so (0x7fa0fdee3000+0x46cb6) [0x7fa0fdf29cb6]
    [     8.812] (EE) 11: /usr/lib64/xorg/modules/extensions/libglx.so (0x7fa0fdee3000+0x3d40a) [0x7fa0fdf2040a]
    [     8.812] (EE) 12: /usr/bin/Xorg (InitExtensions+0x41) [0x4ad561]
    [     8.812] (EE) 13: /usr/bin/Xorg (0x400000+0x2be90) [0x42be90]
    [     8.812] (EE) 14: /lib64/libc.so.6 (__libc_start_main+0xf5) [0x7fa1019a7be5]
    [     8.812] (EE) 15: /usr/bin/Xorg (0x400000+0x2c3a1) [0x42c3a1]
    [     8.812] (EE) 
    [     8.812] (EE) Segmentation fault at address 0x50
    [     8.812] (EE) 
    [     8.812] (EE) Caught signal 11 (Segmentation fault). Server aborting
    [     8.812] (EE) 
    [     8.812] (EE) 
    [     8.812] (EE) Please also check the log file at "/var/log/Xorg.0.log" for additional information.
    [     8.812] (EE) 
    [     8.818] (EE) Server terminated with error (1). Closing log file.
    Last edited by tomtomme; 10-17-2013 at 10:12 AM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •