Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Valve Shows Off Steam Controller Demo Video

Default Valve Shows Off Steam Controller Demo Video

Phoronix: Valve Shows Off Steam Controller Demo Video

After announcing the Steam Controller / GamePad at the end of September, Valve has now released a video showing off the interesting gamepad in action...

http://www.phoronix.com/vr.php?view=MTQ4Mzc

I'm actually impressed. I was afraid this would end up being a train wreck, but it seems like it might actually be an improvement over existing gamepad designs.

But it seems SteamBox will be flexible and open enough such that I can still use a wired 360 pad or a keyboard and mouse should I so desire to do so anyway.

Yeah it looks much better then i had feared, i would love to try one.

Thumbs up

Looks like it has the precision of a Trackball .

It's not even the final version! Really impressed so far.

So what's the cost of this pad? The last sample where both pads affect the mouse movement was pretty interesting. The rubber hits the road when normal people get their hands on this and try it.

Looks interesting enough...it might be able to replace the mouse in some situations...but how about typing text or replacing the entire keyboard?

Well done Valve. It really looks awesome, and it doesn't seem like it's very hard to get used to, though I'm sure there will be some training curve.

Quote Originally Posted by Silverthorn View Post
    Looks interesting enough...it might be able to replace the mouse in some situations...but how about typing text or replacing the entire keyboard?
    the middle will be replaced by a touch screen, so am sure it will have a virtual KB like on phones.

Also you can use BT headphones, but some people seem to be asking for the steampad to have an audio jack later to connect a wired Headphones/mic.

FPS game play still doesn't look as smooth as a mouse when they line up someone to shoot. Looks a little better than current controllers though