Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wayland Support Merged Into XBMC

Default Wayland Support Merged Into XBMC

Phoronix: Wayland Support Merged Into XBMC

As the latest good news for Wayland's adoption, the XBMC media player now has native Wayland support!..

http://www.phoronix.com/vr.php?view=MTQ4NDE

Default Raspbmc

How long will it take for it to land in Raspbmc?

I think an important question is, does this make the XBMC renderer more efficient; every time I boot up XBMC, with its render-everything-all-the-time UI, my system runs hot == not efficient == not cool.

Quote Originally Posted by eberan View Post
    I think an important question is, does this make the XBMC renderer more efficient; every time I boot up XBMC, with its render-everything-all-the-time UI, my system runs hot == not efficient == not cool.
    Have a look here: http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Dirty_regions

and of course enable Vertical Blank Sync via the Options.

Without trying to start an argument, XMBC or more or less obsolete, especially with the coming of Steam OS/Steam Box.

Quote Originally Posted by e8hffff View Post
    Without trying to start an argument, XMBC or more or less obsolete, especially with the coming of Steam OS/Steam Box.
    Without trying to start an argument, you seem to be talking out of the wrong orifice. Unless Steam suddenly sprouts great video player features and an awesomely customisable media library, it isn't even a competing product. And I sure as hell won't be registering a Steam account just to watch my movies and tv shows.

Quote Originally Posted by e8hffff View Post

Steam OS will just be Steam Big Picture, which is already available. Yet XBMC lives on. And unless you all of a sudden can watch films via Steam, I don't even get what you're basing your ideas on.

Cool too see Sam Spilsbury do some Wayland-related work.

Quote Originally Posted by uid313 View Post
    Cool too see Sam Spilsbury do some Wayland-related work.
    The uncool thing is that major apps (ie FF) aren't doing things fast enough.

Quote Originally Posted by eberan View Post
    I run XBMC on an old laptop as a makeshift HTPC, I haven't had any heat problems, it never even makes my laptops fan spin up.