Thread: Valve Doing Their Own Linux/Hardware Conference

Default Valve Doing Their Own Linux/Hardware Conference

Phoronix: Valve Doing Their Own Linux/Hardware Conference

In promoting their Linux-based SteamOS and forthcoming Steam Machines and Steam controller/input devices, Valve will be running their own "Steam Developer Days" conference that will focus on game development around Steam, their hardware devices, and Linux / OpenGL...

http://www.phoronix.com/vr.php?view=MTQ4MzQ

Valve doesn't do things by half-measures.
    This sounds great!

Great to see a dev conference where Direct3D won't be the one and only discussed topic.

You've got to give it to Steam, they've certainly got balls. They're going head to head against Microsoft.

Now I'm just an individual, my power in the market place is microscopic. But as someone who used Windows 95 to Windows 7 and was playing around with a little bit of game development with C# and .Net, for me Windows 8 was the equivalent of Microsoft kicking me in the balls and spitting in my face. I shan't be happy until Microsoft has been destroyed. And I shall try and contribute in some small way to that end. I get the sense though that some of the bigger players in the industry, might not feel totally dissimilar to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich Oliver View Post
    You've got to give it to Steam, they've certainly got balls. They're going head to head against Microsoft.
    And Valve headquarters being right across the street from a M$ building

Quote Originally Posted by FourDMusic View Post
    And Valve headquarters being right across the street from a M$ building
    keep your friends close, but your enemies closer

How about including this http://www.arnousedigitaldevices.com...e/products.php into the "other half" of the new sailfish cell phone coming out this quarter and put steam on it with all of your games and just walk up to any pc and plug it in and run a virtual box of steam using that desktops hw.