Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 37

Thread: Firefox 25 Now Shipping With Minor Enhancements

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    14,782

    Default Firefox 25 Now Shipping With Minor Enhancements

    Phoronix: Firefox 25 Now Shipping With Minor Enhancements

    One month after the release of Firefox 24, Mozilla Firefox 25 is now available via FTP servers globally and will be officially announced on Tuesday. There are a few small but notable changes for the Firefox 25 web-browser update...

    http://www.phoronix.com/vr.php?view=MTQ5Nzk

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Pennsylvania, United States
    Posts
    1,889

    Default

    Can't confirm that it DID ship, but this was the release were Australis was SUPPOSED to ship.

    http://thenextweb.com/insider/2013/0...-a-quick-peek/

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    734

    Default

    I think you've jumped the gun a little... Firefox is currently reporting no updates, on 24...

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Vilnius, Lithuania
    Posts
    2,551

    Default

    I wish they implemented global Flash click-to-play, instead of having to enable it by site...

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Pennsylvania, United States
    Posts
    1,889

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Delgarde View Post
    I think you've jumped the gun a little... Firefox is currently reporting no updates, on 24...
    It won't until its officially announced. It always gets pushed to FTP a day or so before release, and Michael does always make a note when it officially hits the FTP server.

    The 25.0 directory was pushed to the FTP monday, and Tuesday is listed as the official release date for 25. So, so far so good.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    379

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ericg View Post
    Can't confirm that it DID ship, but this was the release were Australis was SUPPOSED to ship.

    http://thenextweb.com/insider/2013/0...-a-quick-peek/
    Australlis isn't even in Nightly version 27. I'm pretty sure that on this next version-shift (to Nightly 28) it will appear, given that the http://getaustralis.com/ no longer gives downloads to the Nightly UX builds and instead says "will be landing in Nightly soon"

    So don't expect Australis until at least Firefox 28. I can't wait for it, as I personally love the look over what is there currently and I don't have a million add-ons. Not to mention that people seem to be forgetting the interface is rendered by Gecko as well by using XUL. I'm pretty sure Australis doesn't just look different, but performs better interface-side as well

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    490

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Daktyl198 View Post
    Australlis isn't even in Nightly version 27. I'm pretty sure that on this next version-shift (to Nightly 28) it will appear, given that the http://getaustralis.com/ no longer gives downloads to the Nightly UX builds and instead says "will be landing in Nightly soon"

    So don't expect Australis until at least Firefox 28. I can't wait for it, as I personally love the look over what is there currently and I don't have a million add-ons. Not to mention that people seem to be forgetting the interface is rendered by Gecko as well by using XUL. I'm pretty sure Australis doesn't just look different, but performs better interface-side as well
    Don't want to start a flame war, but is this really how Firefox will look like (a Chrome clone)?

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    13

    Default

    My only problem with this is that by not resetting the session on restarting Firefox, it'll make the job of Helpdesks that much harder.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    1,676

    Default

    Nothing about the notification "problem" in Linux nor GST 1.0 support.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    29

    Question No Win64 builds

    BTW anyone remember the rationale for not producing 64bit builds for Windows?
    Something to do with their continuing support for XP beyond April'14?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •