Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: GIMP Gets Good Metadata Support Via Exiv2

Question

Any news on 2.10 release date? I get that it may be difficult to say, so maybe at least some news on when some repos become available with 2.9 of decent stability? I used GIMP 2.7 for, IIRC, over a year before 2.8 got officially released and I had no problems with it, and all the major features to be in 2.8 were in 2.7.

Default picture

Quote Originally Posted by siavashserver View Post
    Nice, looking forward to it!
    Tried to post a picture for you but didn't show up. URL: http://i.imgur.com/dYPnMW2.png

(on Windblows because PrtScr didn't work in Linux Mint when the menu was open)

Quote Originally Posted by hyperchaotic View Post
    Tried to post a picture for you but didn't show up. URL: http://i.imgur.com/dYPnMW2.png

That's a very neat GTK style. Does that come by default with GIMP on windows?

Default gtk style

Quote Originally Posted by Ancurio View Post
    That's a very neat GTK style. Does that come by default with GIMP on windows?
    I get my thus styled GIMP builds from here: http://www.partha.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Bucic View Post
    Any news on 2.10 release date? I get that it may be difficult to say, so maybe at least some news on when some repos become available with 2.9 of decent stability? I used GIMP 2.7 for, IIRC, over a year before 2.8 got officially released and I had no problems with it, and all the major features to be in 2.8 were in 2.7.
    Its a way off yet. There are still performance regressions after the move to GEGL and some subsystems need to be updated to make sense with the new capabilities. Help wanted!

Quote Originally Posted by jonnor View Post
    Its a way off yet. There are still performance regressions after the move to GEGL and some subsystems need to be updated to make sense with the new capabilities. Help wanted!
    I am no coder, unfortunately.

Quote Originally Posted by ua=42 View Post
    I find it ironic that gimp refuses to change its name. It's the main reason I never recommend the program to anyone.
    The only project that has a worst name that I know of is Gigolo.
    How is an image of a person head to toe wrapped in bondage gear less offensive than a Richard Gere selling his services in American Gigolo?

Anyone know if they've got layer group masks in 2.9 yet? I was a bit annoyed that got pulled from the list of planned features for 2.8. That is in my top 5 most missed features from Photoshop that GIMP is lacking, (the others being smart objects, adjustment layers, layer effects and a proper unified transformation tool for moving, rotating and scaling that doesn't apply changes until you're finished with the tool.) Basically the sort of stuff needed to have a proper non-destructive work flow.

Quote Originally Posted by hyperchaotic View Post

Thank you very much for sharing the latest work progress! By any chance, does it solve the banding issue with gradient tool?

Quote Originally Posted by ua=42 View Post
    I find it ironic that gimp refuses to change its name. It's the main reason I never recommend the program to anyone.
    The only project that has a worst name that I know of is Gigolo.
    So you approve of pantyshot?