Updated NVIDIA Benchmarks On Ubuntu With Team Fortress 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by darkbasic View Post
    I bet an fps cap in the engine. Again: please benchmark Metro 2033 Last Light
    I heard that the benchmark mode from the Windows game isn't found in the Linux release...
    Michael Larabel
    https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post
      I heard that the benchmark mode from the Windows game isn't found in the Linux release...
      It isn't unfortunately.

Comment

Originally posted by Ranked View Post
        Sweet, a source engine benchmark! Next up, Dota 2?
        DOTA2 is Source engine too.

Comment

Originally posted by tuke81 View Post
          Fps cap maybe? max_fps 130 Would give you such fps if your graphics card is powerful enough. Don't know what is the default fps cap in tf2(never played that game), but test results are most likely capped to 130 fps.
          Default is fps_max 300.

Comment

I don't know what is the problem but tf2 profile with PTS don't run on my machine. It just could not start tf2. Might be because tf2 is not installed in the steam folder in my home directory but in a separate steam directory. Or may be because I am using Kubuntu?

Comment

Originally posted by phoronix View Post
              Running many different Linux GPU tests for an upcoming graphics card review, and in enjoying my birthday toying with hardware and working on many Linux benchmarks, I decided to run some fresh Team Fortress 2 benchmarks on Ubuntu 13.10 Linux with the NVIDIA 331.20 graphics driver.
              Happy birthday!

Comment

Originally posted by bofh80
                There's supposed to be a slew of problems past 319.x .That nvidia are happily ignoring. Apparently 'help with nouveau' translates to 'target and destroy nvidia linux binary'.

I call this the 'linus finger effect' . who uses 'finger' any more . . . .

Retest with 319.x .

I hope valve have done enough testing not to ship post 319 .. it isn't like nvidia would intentionally damage Steam like right?

I have used 325.xx drivers and also 331.xx beta driveres for months on Arch Linux without any problems.

Comment

Originally posted by Tiger_Coder View Post
                  I don't know what is the problem but tf2 profile with PTS don't run on my machine. It just could not start tf2. Might be because tf2 is not installed in the steam folder in my home directory but in a separate steam directory. Or may be because I am using Kubuntu?
                  If it's not installed in the steam home folder directory it won't work and there really isn't anything I can do about it due to Steam getting in the way and not integrating well for automated testing.
                  Michael Larabel
                  https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post
                    If it's not installed in the steam home folder directory it won't work and there really isn't anything I can do about it due to Steam getting in the way and not integrating well for automated testing.
                    Why not read the install folder from the Steam config file? It is available and easily readable in .steam/root/config/config.vdf.

Comment

Did a quick test with my GTX 460 1024MB and I get 136 fps on a 1680x1050 resolution:

OpenBenchmarking.org, Phoronix Test Suite, Linux benchmarking, automated benchmarking, benchmarking results, benchmarking repository, open source benchmarking, benchmarking test profiles

Comment

Working...
                      X