Thread: Zero Ballistics

Default Zero Ballistics

New tank game based on open scene graph - Linux beta available.

http://www.zeroballistics.com/

Pretty cool until you get shot down too fast You need a card with Shader Model 2.0, so basically GeForce 5 or better or Radeon 9500+.
    Last edited by Kano; 04-27-2008 at 08:07 PM.

Hm interesting, looks like it's from an Austrian developer team.

Thanks for mentioning this game, Kano. It's really fun to play with some friends! Haven't done Team Deathmatch, but it looks like a great game to play in the school with some friends when there's nothing else to do. We're having Trackmania United for that atm...

Its a great game however it needs a way to adjust for slow connections giveing a more even playing field.
    Those that dont play mp games much get fragged before they have a chance to move out of the parking lot.

Well I enjoy most of the time a very low ping (<40) to the offical server, so it is more easy for me... Maybe just host a game on your pc - it seems you do not even need a portforward, just try. Then others can connect to your pc and frag you

Quote Originally Posted by Kano View Post
    Well I enjoy most of the time a very low ping (<40) to the offical server, so it is more easy for me... Maybe just host a game on your pc - it seems you do not even need a portforward, just try. Then others can connect to your pc and frag you
    This game is fun and has nice scenery .
    Seems I am having more than one issue with mp gaming, first off I sit too long in one spot but I don't seem to be able to move as fast
    as other games, perhaps my fps is affecting my gameing but is made worse when i sit to contemplate my next moves, guess i was not cut out for mp gaming, although as long as others don't mind i will continue to try and so far i enjoy this tank game.

Well if somebody is used to fps then it is no big deal to learn it. Just the same as when you use a vehicle with games like UT2k3. There is just a huge difference in online gaming compared to single player: you can not use god mode and therefore you have to be fast. This game is pure online, no single player mode.

Thanks for sharing!

I like the beta, will play more when my savage 2 addiction wears off...

There is a new update out: beta 1.1. The biggest difference is that MG fire is limited to about 3 s then it overheats. Also there is a new level dm_bridge which has cool jumps. You need 1 speed upgrade to jump over bridges over the lake. All Kanotix users can install it this way:

apt-get update && apt-get install zero-ballistics-demo

Maybe you see a live cd with it soon too.

Live CD with automatic installer for nvidia and ati graphics cards:

http://debian.tu-bs.de/project/kanot...otix-ng-zb.iso
    http://debian.tu-bs.de/project/kanot...-ng-zb.iso.md5

There must be a bug in the game that sound does not always work, in that case often

sudo alsaconf

helps then just press enter until it is done. If you use a CRT or you TFT reports wrong resolution use

live screen=1600x1200

or whatever size you want to use. The cd defaults to german, so look into Spiele/Arcade.