Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11

Thread: Six-Way Ubuntu Linux Laptop Benchmarks

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    13,426

    Default Six-Way Ubuntu Linux Laptop Benchmarks

    Phoronix: Six-Way Ubuntu Linux Laptop Benchmarks

    The latest open-source Linux benchmarks out of Phoronix is a six-way Linux laptop performance comparison featuring laptops/ultrabooks from Lenovo, Hewlett-Packard, ASUS, and Apple...

    http://www.phoronix.com/vr.php?view=MTUzNTA

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    8

    Default

    The main benchmark notebook is the battery time.
    And not with synthetic benchmarks.
    maybe on browsing (without flash please) or something like...

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    202

    Default

    I think it's about time you differentiate quad core and dual core+hyperthreading (both say "4 cores"). Intel CPU names are also so hard to interpret...

  4. #4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cyborg16 View Post
    I think it's about time you differentiate quad core and dual core+hyperthreading (both say "4 cores"). Intel CPU names are also so hard to interpret...
    For compatibility reasons it's always been rendered in system tables as number of logical cores.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    491

    Default Chromebook?

    I'd love to see Michael's new Acer Haswell Chromebook added!

  6. #6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mendieta View Post
    I'd love to see Michael's new Acer Haswell Chromebook added!
    As said in the article, the Acer C720 review with these laptop results + more will be published later in the month... The Chromebook isn't even arriving until tomorrow.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    4

    Thumbs down

    Quote Originally Posted by souenzzo View Post
    The main benchmark notebook is the battery time.
    And not with synthetic benchmarks.
    maybe on browsing (without flash please) or something like...
    I agree, this was not a laptop benchmark, it was a rather tame mobile cpu/gpu benchmark.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    112

    Default

    I am the only one who enjoys seeing 4-6 year old Thinkpads beat the crap out of the competition?

  9. #9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by brunis View Post
    I agree, this was not a laptop benchmark, it was a rather tame mobile cpu/gpu benchmark.
    If any of you have a nice simulation script for doing browser use, etc, feel free to submit it to OpenBenchmarking.org. PTS already takes care of the power monitoring and other tasks.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    491

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post
    As said in the article, the Acer C720 review with these laptop results + more will be published later in the month... The Chromebook isn't even arriving until tomorrow.
    Awesome, sorry I missed that, Michael!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •