Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: GParted 0.17 Supports Online Resizing

Quote Originally Posted by MWisBest View Post
    With the hundreds of resizes I've done over the years, I've never lost any data or ran into any issues whatsoever. I think one thing that might have contributed to my success with resizing is the fact that any time I resize a NTFS partition I make sure to do it right in Windows, this is what I was recommended to do on any Windows Vista or higher NTFS partition and I have had no reason not to keep doing it that way.
    I've managed to resize (shrink) Windows partitions from linux without any problems, and I don't recall defragmenting either.

Quote Originally Posted by schmidtbag View Post
    I've managed to resize (shrink) Windows partitions from linux without any problems, and I don't recall defragmenting either.
    The ntfsresize tool (which GParted uses) does the defragmenting & re-allocating before it resizes, if needed.

Quote Originally Posted by bulletxt View Post
    Software Raid mdadm is so common these days... gparted really needs to fully support mdadm raid !
    Patches welcome!

Creating some simple types of software RAID from inside GParted should be possible, changing an existing one might be rather difficult (unless you can be 100% sure to understand all options/variations...).

BTW: if you can't program yourself, you can also help by describing how you think it should work (maybe make some mock-ups or such?) on the GParted forum.