Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7 Beta Released

Default Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7 Beta Released

Phoronix: Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7 Beta Released

Red Hat has delivered an early Christmas present for enterprise Linux users out there... Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7 Beta 1 is now available!..

http://www.phoronix.com/vr.php?view=MTU0MDk

Default Classic mode

Hope to see GNOME classic mode work great.

I was hopping for the 3.12 kernel with the new schedule algorithm and much improved radeon performance.. (I use scientific linux in my desktop)

Quote Originally Posted by tessio View Post
    I was hopping for the 3.12 kernel with the new schedule algorithm and much improved radeon performance.. (I use scientific linux in my desktop)
    I'm actually more surprised they didn't go for 3.13 o.O I realize its the bleeding edge but I would think enterprise with hundreds of cores would be drooling over the new IO code to run against as many cores as needed

Default it doesn't work

Hi all,

I've just downloaded the beta version,
    but it doesn't work on either VirtualBox or VMware Player (latest versions of both!)
    hope to test-drive it ASAP!

cheers,

Luca

I am surprised that there is no 32-bit x86 support. I know this is anecdotal evidence at best, but I seed Debian and OpenSUSE torrents, and 32-bit looks to be more popular than 64-bit with Debian downloaders and almost as popular as 64-bit with OpenSUSE downloaders.

Quote Originally Posted by Ericg View Post
    I'm actually more surprised they didn't go for 3.13 o.O I realize its the bleeding edge but I would think enterprise with hundreds of cores would be drooling over the new IO code to run against as many cores as needed
    Ath it looks like it has performance regresions, so probably whise to wait a bit. All in all RHEL7 looks like a good upgrade though.

Quote Originally Posted by AJenbo View Post
    Ath it looks like it has performance regresions, so probably whise to wait a bit. All in all RHEL7 looks like a good upgrade though.
    No I know that there's regressions at the moment, but im (perhaps, optimistically) assuming that those are just generic bugs and not something along the lines of "We screwed up the design, this isn't gonna work like we thought it would..".

I think with a thing like RHEL you want to wait untill the dust seatels with somthing like that.

They are using the Fedora 19 anaconda installer too? I installed Fedora 19 two days ago and the installer was awful!