Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: DRI2 Direct Rendering Now Available

Default DRI2 Direct Rendering Now Available

Phoronix: DRI2 Direct Rendering Now Available

Back on the 4th of February, Kristian Høgsberg began merging his new DRI2 components. This initial DRI2 (Direct Rendering Infrastructure 2) work was made up of the DRI2 module, glxdri2 to GLX, and DRM/Mesa patches...

http://www.phoronix.com/vr.php?view=NjQxMQ

Quote Originally Posted by phoronix View Post
    Phoronix: DRI2 Direct Rendering Now Available

Back on the 4th of February, Kristian Høgsberg began merging his new DRI2 components. This initial DRI2 (Direct Rendering Infrastructure 2) work was made up of the DRI2 module, glxdri2 to GLX, and DRM/Mesa patches...

http://www.phoronix.com/vr.php?view=NjQxMQ
    Does this mean that compiz will be able to do previews for minimized windows, or is that a software thing?

AFAIK the most visible change will be that 3D apps will no longer flicker when running under AIGLX since the output will be composited properly rather than fighting with the screen.

Quote Originally Posted by bridgman View Post
    AFAIK the most visible change will be that 3D apps will no longer flicker when running under AIGLX since the output will be composited properly rather than fighting with the screen.
    And 3D apps are properly redirected ie glxgears will spin on the cube instead of being draw above the cube

i thought for a moment that it was april's fools joke :]

Quote Originally Posted by yoshi314 View Post
    i thought for a moment that it was april's fools joke :]
    Nope, but I'm sure there will be one in a couple of hours on Phoronix I bet. I hope it'll be a good joke.

amarok pulled one good april's fools last year with the source code for amarok 2.0 :]

this one is good as well : http://www.linuxloop.com/news/2008/0...ering-jackass/

Quote Originally Posted by Malikith View Post
    Nope, but I'm sure there will be one in a couple of hours on Phoronix I bet. I hope it'll be a good joke.
    Naw... Phoronix Test Suite 0.1 would be out today, but I don't want users to think that or any of its features is just an April Fools joke. So you'll just have to wait until tomorrow to experience the new Linux benchmarking .

Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post
    Naw... Phoronix Test Suite 0.1 would be out today, but I don't want users to think that or any of its features is just an April Fools joke. So you'll just have to wait until tomorrow to experience the new Linux benchmarking .
    Haha, yeah. If thats the goal for no joke, then it would be best to hang low today. It will be nice to finally have some "authentic" benchmarking tools for Linux finally.

Heh, the "only" things missing now are Gallium3d, OpenGl 3 and glucose AND support for all of them in the ati catalyst driver