Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Activision Linux Game Situation Cleared Up

Default Activision Linux Game Situation Cleared Up

Phoronix: Activision Linux Game Situation Cleared Up

Yesterday an article was published how Activision Is Preventing A Game From Coming To Linux, according to the technical director of the studio behind the game in question. It turns out that the Phoenix Online Studios employee was wrong...

http://www.phoronix.com/vr.php?view=MTU0MjE

Sounds like Activision damage control.

I tried to register for there forums so I could respond, but the forum keeps telling me that I didn't put in gabriel knights initials, even though I most certainly did.

Anyway, there suggestion is to run the game in wine, which is all fine and good. But if that is there official recommendation, then they need to make sure they test each release in wine. They need to make sure that every function they implement is something that wine already supports well. Honestly that's a hell of a lot harder to do than a port. The whole situation is retarded. That womens response is obviously damage control. If first impressions are usually correct then my first impression of her is as a liar. If she isn't in fact lying, then at minimum she's really fing stupid.

Phoronix is being one more time ``professional''

Blatant damage control, that doesn't really explain anything, just a neutral PR statement.

Quote Originally Posted by r1348 View Post
    Blatant damage control, that doesn't really explain anything, just a neutral PR statement.
    My comment I was about to post was "bad damage control".

Screw them.

Nothing is cleared up. So they are saying Linux was never planned? That's a lie:

-it is mentioned on the kickstarter page
    -the game is to be done in Unity, so what plans? It's basically a one click away!

It looks like Activision is trying to put the blame elsewhere, without addressing the real issue - will there be a Linux version, and if not why, if it so easy to make?

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by Annabel View Post
    I doubt they're telling the truth, but it doesn't matter. Activision still sucks! I have no plans to buy their games.

Quote Originally Posted by Annabel View Post
    Phoronix has always been professional, in this case they are just reporting the news as they are, the news are screwed up, hardly Phoronix's fault.

Activition's liars are as poor as their coders, it seems. Too bad.