Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Activision Linux Game Situation Cleared Up

Bullshit.

Quote Originally Posted by r1348 View Post
    Blatant damage control, that doesn't really explain anything, just a neutral PR statement.
    I think it positive.

They prob never expected this Linux decision, to cause such an uproar.

It becomes harder and harder to ignore Linux.

After reading this, I'm not sure the title is good. Nothing is cleared up about the Linux situation. Or just, if we see the "save the baby" statement, that Activision just isn't considering linux as a "platform" (i have a problem with that word, as it refers more on hardware than software to me) to put games on.

Quote Originally Posted by borsook View Post
    Nothing is cleared up. So they are saying Linux was never planned? That's a lie:
    -it is mentioned on the kickstarter page
    Where exactly is it mentioned on Kickstarter that Gabriel Knight is planned for Linux? I couldn't find it.

Default Put down the pitchforks and take a chill pill

First I'd like to say that I knew nothing about Gabriel Knight until yesterday, so I'm coming at this from an outsider (which may be a good thing).

Looking at what Jane Jensen has said, and some Google searching, I think she's telling the truth. The Moebius kickstarter page, which is a "spiritual successor" to GK, does talk about Linux and she even says that Moebius will be available on Linux. Everything I can find about the GK remake never mentions Linux: TIME, Joystiq and the original GameTrailers interview only mention Windows, OS X, iOS, and Android - exactly as she says.

As much as I'd love having another great game on Linux, I don't think you can get too upset over something that wasn't announced anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Gps4l View Post
    I think it positive.

They prob never expected this Linux decision, to cause such an uproar.

It becomes harder and harder to ignore Linux.
    It's a dumb decision to ignore linux to begin with considering how popular steam is, and steambox is right around the corner.

Quote Originally Posted by adler187 View Post
    Looking at what Jane Jensen has said, and some Google searching, I think she's telling the truth...

As much as I'd love having another great game on Linux, I don't think you can get too upset over something that wasn't announced anyway.
    Yeah, I got the same impression. I didn't find anything that mentions GK for Linux on Kickstarter.

Quote Originally Posted by shmerl View Post
    Yeah, I got the same impression. I didn't find anything that mentions GK for Linux on Kickstarter.
    That doesn't change much. If they didn't care they deserve to be punished.

Quote Originally Posted by Pawlerson View Post
    I doubt they're telling the truth, but it doesn't matter. Activision still sucks! I have no plans to buy their games.
    Activision sucks?
    Dark Reign says different.

Quote Originally Posted by borsook View Post
    -it is mentioned on the kickstarter page
    According to Jane Jensen "MGX/GK1 is *not* being funded by kickstarter. That money all went into Moebius (and then some)."