Thread: x3500 performance

Default x3500 performance

hi,
    i searched around the web and didnt find any benchmark of the g35 igp x3500. has anyone this chip in his rig and can make a comparison or found a benchmark, especially with linux? i would appreciate it thanks!

What kind of benchmarks are you looking for? I might still install XP on it, but I should be able to do any linux benchmarks you'd want to look at over the weekend.

I have a ASUS P5E-VM HDMI, which has the G35 chipset and X3500 IGP. It has an E2140 and 2GB of RAM. I'm waiting for the Penryns to come out, since Intel's guaranteed compatibility

I don't think you "need" G35, the next huger step is G45 which should feature h264 and vc1 accelleration - let's see when this could be used with Linux...

It was the only board with HDMI and 6 SATA connectors two months ago when I received it. HDMI (video and audio) was a requirement, but I probably could have lived with an Abit Fatal1ty F-I90HD if I had known A/V drivers for it's HDMI would be out by now. I can play 720p h264 stuff with ease, and once I/the driver can get multihead to work properly, I do plan on using it for a lot more (blender) with atleast one planned penryn upgrade.

The huge thing I'm waiting for is nehalem which is almost a year away and larrabee.
    Last edited by audi100quattro; 02-27-2008 at 10:41 AM.

audi100quattro - is the video sent through HDMI clear?
    I'm using the bundled HDMI-DVI adapter, and experience some weird "vertical ghosting", with each and every dot having a half-intensity "shadow" above - the image seems fuzzy. Nothing like this happens when under Windows XP.

But that's not all - running tvtime makes the X server consume more than a third of CPU time. Is this normal and expected on Intel video hardware?
    It's my first IGD device, and I have never seen anything similar, even with much older AGP cards.

hi!
    oh sorry i somehow forgot about this thread.
    ok hm benchmarks, if you want, ut2004 would be really nice or the phoronix test suite. if you dont know how to make a benchmark in ut2004 ill give you more information. or phoronix could test a g35 board, this would really be cool.
    thanks!