Page 45 of 46 FirstFirst ... 3543444546 LastLast

Thread: 5 Months And Still No UT3 For Linux

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonlord View Post
    Why is this topic still not locked? Somebody misplaced the lock-stick? :P
    Why should it be? Has the binaries been released? No. It's a ongoing issue that has yet to be resolved. If you want threads like this locked you might want to try here:

http://utforums.epicgames.com

Quote Originally Posted by gilboa View Post
    while [ 1 ] ; do
    echo Buy the native version once it\'s released from a Linux store.
    done
    Honest question(s).. Who will sell Linux-native UT3? And since Epic is going to release Linux binaries seperately to run on the Windows version, that seems counter to the idea of being able to buy a Linux-native copy. If someone was going to sell a Linux-native version, wouldn't they say as such?

Quote Originally Posted by deanjo View Post
    Why should it be? Has the binaries been released? No. It's a ongoing issue that has yet to be resolved. If you want threads like this locked you might want to try here:

http://utforums.epicgames.com
    This is what is most annoying about the whole thing , epic being so ignorant , not even saying sorry , just locking threads and telling people to go away

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonlord View Post
    Why is this topic still not locked? Somebody misplaced the lock-stick? :P
    I've been wondering that myself at this point...

Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    Honest question(s).. Who will sell Linux-native UT3? And since Epic is going to release Linux binaries seperately to run on the Windows version, that seems counter to the idea of being able to buy a Linux-native copy. If someone was going to sell a Linux-native version, wouldn't they say as such?
    I suspect the Linux-centric gaming online sales stores (Tux Games, ixSoft, etc...) will carry the Windows install SKU with a CD/DVD with the Linux binaries on it. It'll be the closest you're going to find for that sort of thing at this point in this whole ordeal.

Quote Originally Posted by Svartalf View Post
    I suspect the Linux-centric gaming online sales stores (Tux Games, ixSoft, etc...) will carry the Windows install SKU with a CD/DVD with the Linux binaries on it. It'll be the closest you're going to find for that sort of thing at this point in this whole ordeal.
    /+1.

If it makes any difference, I usually buy games from tuxgames. (They usually ship the original CD/DVD + a separate Linux binary CD)

- Gilboa
    DEV: Intel S2600C0, 2xE52658V2, 32GB, 4x2TB, GTX780, F20/x86_64, Dell U2711.
    SRV: Intel S5520SC, 2xX5680, 36GB, 4x2TB, GTX550, F20/x86_64, Dell U2412..
    BACK: Tyan Tempest i5400XT, 2xE5335, 8GB, 3x1.5TB, 9800GTX, F20/x86-64.
    LAP: ASUS N56VJ, i7-3630QM, 16GB, 1TB, 635M, F20/x86_64.

Which begs the question, why arent linux games stores not incorporating the digital distribution service ? Shouldnt that make sense, since most linux users are used to downloading their linux distribution, drivers, etc? Wouldnt that increase their market share too?

Quote Originally Posted by xav1r View Post
    Which begs the question, why arent linux games stores not incorporating the digital distribution service ? Shouldnt that make sense, since most linux users are used to downloading their linux distribution, drivers, etc? Wouldnt that increase their market share too?
    Uh... Not all titles are licensed for electronic distribution.

If you don't have the permission to publish in that specific format, you don't get to DO it in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by Svartalf View Post
    Uh... Not all titles are licensed for electronic distribution.

If you don't have the permission to publish in that specific format, you don't get to DO it in the first place.
    But all unreal tournament games, including UT3, are now being offered as digital downloads in Stardock's Impulse service, which in my opinion, is much better than steam.

Quote Originally Posted by xav1r View Post
    But all unreal tournament games, including UT3, are now being offered as digital downloads in Stardock's Impulse service, which in my opinion, is much better than steam.
    I believe the entire UT series is available as well on steam now as well.

EDIT: Yup it is. http://store.steampowered.com/sub/683/