Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: NVIDIA Announces Super-Fast Tegra K1 ARM SoC

Quote Originally Posted by schmidtbag View Post
    I'm not really surprised. Michael has been recommending linux users to nvidia for years and has repeatedly proven how their closed source drivers are so good that they sometimes outperform Windows. Michael also rarely seems to have complaints about nvidia products. While phoronix is relatively small, there aren't many websites where nvidia is #1 in most tests, so it'd be stupid of them to not do favors for Michael. Despite all of this though, I appreciate that Michael isn't completely biased towards nvidia, and seems to praise AMD's open source efforts.
    Their reasons for new Tegra porting have nothing to do with Phoronix.com but internally they use PTS for ARM performance testing so they need it to work, same for many other PTS Commercial users.

Quote Originally Posted by dh04000 View Post
    Did anyone else see the comment about Nvidia porting Michael's software for him already? Talk about an honor.
    Why did you assume they are doing it for him rather than to be able to test their products in the labs before release?

In other news, NVIDIAs CEO is pretty buff.

http://imgur.com/LOUnN3V

Quote Originally Posted by sarmad View Post
    Why did you assume they are doing it for him rather than to be able to test their products in the labs before release?
    They are doing it for themselves.... but why shouldn't that still be an honor that they picked "his" software?

Quote Originally Posted by [Knuckles] View Post
    I'd be a lot more interested if they contributed some cool benchmarks and demos.
    We demand Dawn for linux lol

Does it run without blobs?..