Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Humble Indie Bundle X Launches With New Games

Phoronix: Humble Indie Bundle X Launches With New Games

The latest Humble Indie Bundle game collection where you can pay what you want for the next two weeks for the cross-platform, DRM-free titles is now available...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Cool, Papo & Yo is UE3-based, nice to see more UE games ported to Linux!

Comment

To the Moon's Mac/Linux engine is GPLv2 btw., for anyone that might care.

Comment

Originally posted by Ancurio View Post
        That's nice. That makes me wonder, what about free games (OpenArena, UFO: Alien Invasion etc.) being part of HIBs? It would be a nice touch, and would benefit the developer teams.

Comment

Originally posted by GreatEmerald View Post
          That's nice. That makes me wonder, what about free games (OpenArena, UFO: Alien Invasion etc.) being part of HIBs? It would be a nice touch, and would benefit the developer teams.
          I think asking people to "pay" for essentially free games would make quite a few upset..

Comment

Runner2 in Linux! Yay!

I bought the bundle for bit.trip Runner2. Though not so melodious as runner 1. But still good game. And I am playing that on steam in fedora

Comment

Really? Why do you think that? Please link to it, I am interested.

I thought it was created with RPG Maker XP, which does not have a Linux version. The Linux version I know is based on Wine, which is open source of course, but it still runs the closed source RPG Maker.

There is an effort called EasyRPG to create a open source RPG Maker engine, but it is nowhere close running complex games like this.

Comment

Originally posted by monraaf View Post
                Really? Why do you think that? Please link to it, I am interested.

I thought it was created with RPG Maker XP, which does not have a Linux version. The Linux version I know is based on Wine, which is open source of course, but it still runs the closed source RPG Maker.
                Well, the "To the Moon" in the humble bundle is not a wine wrapper.

There is an effort called EasyRPG to create a open source RPG Maker engine, but it is nowhere close running complex games like this.
                EasyRPG is for playing RPG Maker 2000/2003 games, not XP or higher.

Comment

I think asking people to "pay" for essentially free games would make quite a few upset..
                  How so? If the page was clear that their share is a donation to an open-source project, why would anyone be upset?

Comment

Working...
                  X