Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: A Major Music Company Now Backs Systemd In Debian

Default A Major Music Company Now Backs Systemd In Debian

Phoronix: A Major Music Company Now Backs Systemd In Debian

Yesterday on Phoronix I mentioned Debian looked to be leaning in favor of using systemd over Upstart for its default init system given the latest comments by the technical committee members. The latest support for systemd in Debian comes from a streaming music company that's a major user of Debian GNU/Linux...

http://www.phoronix.com/vr.php?view=MTU3NTU

I asume the debian developers are not that impressed by this statement, although I hope they decide for systemd.

Damn... need to get rid of my ubuntu installation

Glad to see spotify getting more involved with linux, now I just wish they'd add media key functionality.

Quote Originally Posted by porken View Post
    Glad to see spotify getting more involved with linux, now I just wish they'd add media key functionality.
    You can usually bind some hotkey to send D-Bus messages to Spotify, but yes they need global hotkey support.

Quote Originally Posted by tmpdir View Post
    I asume the debian developers are not that impressed by this statement, although I hope they decide for systemd.

Damn... need to get rid of my ubuntu installation
    It will impress only if the intention is to contribute. If not, it is only a opinion. And opinion do not impress developers.

the opinion of a company with a bad softwer that live forever in beta state. Radio doesn't work well with this version on others languages, fu.. you spotify.

Don't forget Valve made it clear the reason SteamOS is built off Debian instead of Ubuntu was Canonical's Contributor License Agreement which applies to Upstart.

Have they donated to the project debian? 5000 servers with debian! Lecheers

Quote Originally Posted by tmpdir View Post
    need to get rid of my ubuntu installation
    siduction is calling for you (and I think the latest releases are already using systemd...).

Quote Originally Posted by DanL View Post
    siduction is calling for you (and I think the latest releases are already using systemd...).
    Hahaha... Thanks, had to google this one but looks promising and also debian based . Think i'll switch to debian some time in te future. After mir my ubuntu-enthousiasm hit an all-time low.