Thread: Issues with 3D since several releases

Hybrid View

Default Issues with 3D since several releases

Well, I hope this problem would go away, but it kept the same since many releases now.
    I believe it started with the memory-leakage-bug ...

After a fresh reboot 3D is working just fine with good speed.
    I'll check with fgl_gears : about 1000fps
    Then, if I use some 3D-Game or application, everything is still fine, speed is still ok. Then if I quit the game/application the speed goes down by about 25-30% (fgl_gears again) and when I start some game again, I notice a large speed decrease. Though if I quit the game/application again, I get another speed-decrease, which is in total about 50-60%.
    The next application or the 2. next crash the system totally. The screen halts and doesnt react to anything anymore. I have to reboot.

From my point of view this is a MAJOR issue, since 3D is almost unusable. I can't reboot everything I use a 3D Application.

Anybody has similiar issues and reported this bug perhaps already?

Greg

This is not a Distrubution problem, since it happens here with 2 different ones with different Arch

Debian AMD64 and Gentoo x86.
    Hardware: X1300pro

run the debugger to see where the crash is located, and have you given the open source driver a try?

Quote Originally Posted by Dandel View Post
    run the debugger to see where the crash is located, and have you given the open source driver a try?

With Debian I am using the "radeon" driver since a longer time now.I see no point in using fglrx if the only difference between them is a broken 3D support.
    Of course, if the 3D support would work fine, I would use fglrx more often.

Hmm but about the Debugger.. what should I do exactly? I have no experience with any Debugger.
    Last edited by mcgreg; 04-29-2008 at 06:09 AM.