Thread: Ubuntu 12.04.4 LTS Brings New Linux Hardware Support

Default Ubuntu 12.04.4 LTS Brings New Linux Hardware Support

Phoronix: Ubuntu 12.04.4 LTS Brings New Linux Hardware Support

The nearly two-year-old Ubuntu "Precise Pangolin" has seen a point release today bringing it up to its 12.04.4 LTS as it brings in the key software components originally found in Ubuntu 13.10...

http://www.phoronix.com/vr.php?view=MTU5NTA

Will the mesa drivers and llvm be back-door ported to the first releases of ubuntu 12.04 LTS?

Quote Originally Posted by ObscureAngelPT View Post
    Will the mesa drivers and llvm be back-door ported to the first releases of ubuntu 12.04 LTS?
    sudo apt-get install xserver-xorg-lts-saucy, it's in the release notes

Well i just asked because i am very noob in this.
    I guess the OSS drivers makers could create an installer for the OSS drivers like intel had done, it would be a lot useful for noob users and it could bring more people to this world since most of the people would love a free alternative to windows but usuable without requiring to go to console and smash the keyboard with commands for more simple they are

Regards..
    And many thanks :P

Default use synaptic

Quote Originally Posted by ObscureAngelPT View Post
    Well i just asked because i am very noob in this.
    I guess the OSS drivers makers could create an installer for the OSS drivers like intel had done, it would be a lot useful for noob users and it could bring more people to this world since most of the people would love a free alternative to windows but usuable without requiring to go to console and smash the keyboard with commands for more simple they are

Regards..
    And many thanks :P
    use synaptic, install it in software center, is easy and "graphical", you can choose what kernel software you want

Excellent, thanks for the info. I'm going to add the 12.04.4 ISOs to my archive later.