Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 78

Thread: Adobe Flash Player 10 For Linux

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    13,459

    Default Adobe Flash Player 10 For Linux

    Phoronix: Adobe Flash Player 10 For Linux

    Adobe has announced the first pre-release of Flash Player 10, which is their forthcoming next-generation solution that is under their open Flash specifications. Flash Player 10 delivers new 3D effect capabilities, custom filters and effects, advanced text layout, an enhanced drawing API, and visual performance improvements...

    http://www.phoronix.com/vr.php?view=NjQ3Nw

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    49

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by phoronix View Post
    Phoronix: Adobe Flash Player 10 For Linux

    Adobe has announced the first pre-release of Flash Player 10, which is their forthcoming next-generation solution that is under their open Flash specifications. Flash Player 10 delivers new 3D effect capabilities, custom filters and effects, advanced text layout, an enhanced drawing API, and visual performance improvements...

    http://www.phoronix.com/vr.php?view=NjQ3Nw
    and again no 64 bit support
    this is getting tiresome

    however, since they released the spec I hope that the OSS implementation quickly catches up.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    126

    Default

    This is one of the things that annoys me the most with closed source software: their authors/companies rarely communicate about touchy subjects pertaining to their product. No news on a 64-bit port.

    There are a lot of jerks in the Free Software world, but at least they tell you to shove your enhancement request you know where.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Connecticut,USA
    Posts
    941

    Default

    Relax...this is a prerelease. Perhaps if they are prodded enough, they'll release a 64 bit version

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    /home/$USER
    Posts
    113

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DeepDayze View Post
    Relax...this is a prerelease. Perhaps if they are prodded enough, they'll release a 64 bit version
    I highly doubt it. A beta program is supposed to be feature-complete and just looking for bugs, so I wouldn't know why they wouldn't want to put a 64-bit Linux version out there for testing if they had one.

    Looks like we're all going to have to keep using nspluginwrapper. Well, at least it's better than having to use a browser chroot like you do for the JRE plugin.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    1,188

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MU_Engineer View Post
    Well, at least it's better than having to use a browser chroot like you do for the JRE plugin.
    Have you tried OpenJDK? http://openjdk.java.net/

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    370

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MU_Engineer View Post
    I highly doubt it. A beta program is supposed to be feature-complete and just looking for bugs, so I wouldn't know why they wouldn't want to put a 64-bit Linux version out there for testing if they had one.

    Looks like we're all going to have to keep using nspluginwrapper. Well, at least it's better than having to use a browser chroot like you do for the JRE plugin.
    or maybe we are should not be using totally crappy crap closed plugins which are the worst slower piece of garbage ever created, and does not run into these issues?

    I know i dont.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    126

    Default

    With all the complaining that's been going on over at http://blogs.adobe.com/penguin.swf/, you can be sure the blog's author would have mentionned it.

  9. #9

    Default

    The penguin.swf post mentions performance improvements and the release notes say it won't work with compiz.

    Anybody tried it with nspluginwrapper? I couldn't get 9.0.124 to work with it properly, still using 9.0.115.
    Last edited by audi100quattro; 05-15-2008 at 11:38 AM.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    126

    Default

    Gnash is the only viable alternative for me. Not much works though.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •