Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Adobe Flash Player 10 For Linux

Quote Originally Posted by Tares View Post
    As for me FP10 crashes FF like every few pages o_O back to the 9 ;-)
    Is that using nspluginwrapper?

Default what about hardware accel?

So this version is supposed to use hardware acceleration if you aren't using desktop compositing.

Well, I deactivated desktop effects on ubuntu and the thing is still clearly using CPU rendering.

Any ideas about how it's detecting compiz/compositing desktop effects?
    Is uninstalling compiz the way to go about testing this?

Quote Originally Posted by sloggerKhan View Post
    So this version is supposed to use hardware acceleration if you aren't using desktop compositing.

Well, I deactivated desktop effects on ubuntu and the thing is still clearly using CPU rendering.

Any ideas about how it's detecting compiz/compositing desktop effects?
    Is uninstalling compiz the way to go about testing this?
    Disabling the composite extension in x.org would probably be the easiest way to check.

Quote Originally Posted by Aradreth View Post
    Disabling the composite extension in x.org would probably be the easiest way to check.
    My thoughts exactly.

I'd be interested in seeing what the proportion of x86 to x86_64 users are. I'd imagine that more linux users are on 64-bit versions by now. If that's the case, then only releasing a 32-bit client makes no sense.

Also, maybe I'm missing something, but if an app like flash is difficult to port to 64-bit, they're doing something wrong.

I can see MAJOR improvements in performance. I can now watch full screen videos without watching a slide show and games play MUCH smoother.

Great

Xanikseo, what graphic card and which drivers? What about desktop compositing?

Flash 10 + FF3 = not so good for stability. I'm seeing lots of crashes, been running this combo for a few hours (32bits, 'buntu-Hardy). Guess I should go and report som bugs.

Default Ubuntu OS???

I love the fact that it is available for "Ubuntu OS "

even when not taking its meaning literally I fail to see how they support ubuntu when you can't get debs of the packages

Xanikseo, what graphic card and which drivers? What about desktop compositing?
    I have a GeForce 8600gts with the 171.06 driver. I am not using compiz (don't have compositing disabled in xorg though). I do however notice that things are slower with compiz, like the old flash player 9 speed.