Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• X1600 Pro AGP Rialto , Xorg 1.4 freeze , kernel 2.6.23

Hey guys!

I got a X1600 Pro AGP from a friend. Under Windows it`s much faster than my old 9600xt. But with Linux it doesn`t seem to work at all.

I use Gentoo x86 (testing) , Xorg 7.3 (xorg server 1.4) , fglrx 7.12 and 8.01 , kernel 2.6.23

I tried a lot (an i mean A LOT!) xorg.conf options. Disabled framebuffer in kernel, compiled agp stuff as modules , etc.... but nothing worked!

When I simply type startx the screen gets black and even ctrl+alt+del doesn`t work, so i have to reset using the reset button.

My question now is: has ANYONE a X1600 Pro AGP running on his system, using fglrx ? ... i`m sure someone has.
    Maybe my only fault is the combination of driver , xorg and kernel ?

So c`mon people and tell me which configuration you are running with your f****** damn rialto shit card!

thanks a lot

You should possibly follow this thread:

The symptoms you describe are the same as fred's, as are mine with an AGP HD2600XT card :-(

Comment

i should follow mz own thread ?
      but isn't there a possibility to run with maybe kernel 2.6.20 and fglrx 8.35 or sth. old like this ?

Comment

sorry, meant this one:
        Technical support and discussion of the open-source AMD Radeon graphics drivers.

Comment

Working...
        X