Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Intel Releases PowerTOP 2.6 To Improve Linux Battery Life

Phoronix: Intel Releases PowerTOP 2.6 To Improve Linux Battery Life

Intel has released a new version of their open-source PowerTOP utility for Linux systems to diagnose power consumption issues and make improvements to power management by individually analyzing the system's current power settings...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Is there any easy way to setup Fedora so that it automatically switches between high performance and power saving depending on whether power is plugged in? The system probably already does that but is there any EASY way to control/configure this?

Comment

Originally posted by sarmad View Post
      Is there any easy way to setup Fedora so that it automatically switches between high performance and power saving depending on whether power is plugged in? The system probably already does that but is there any EASY way to control/configure this?
      Yes. It's http://linrunner.de/en/tlp/tlp.html
      It's pretty much 'fire and forget' (nothing but installation needed - noob friendly) but you can easily customize the settings. I, for example, change disk APM settings to make up for the disk clicking APM bug.

Comment

Originally posted by Bucic View Post
        Yes. It's http://linrunner.de/en/tlp/tlp.html
        It's pretty much 'fire and forget' (nothing but installation needed - noob friendly) but you can easily customize the settings. I, for example, change disk APM settings to make up for the disk clicking APM bug.
        Thanks a lot. It looks very noob friendly, I'll give it a try. But do you know if there is anything installed by default on Fedora 20 that manages power profiles? What is it that alters CPU and GPU frequencies based on load?

Comment

Working...
        X