Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pipelight Now Supports AMD GPU Acceleration By Default

Phoronix: Pipelight Now Supports AMD GPU Acceleration By Default

Pipelight is the interesting open-source project to support Windows browser plug-ins within native Linux browsers. Pipelight serves as a wrapper for Windows plug-ins in Linux browsers using Wine and for browsers supporting NPAPI plug-ins. This software, which allows Silverlight and Netflix to work on Linux, is out with a big update...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

And Netflix just announced that Macs will use HTML5 instead of Silverlight. I guess this means that Linux will also get it through HTML5 now as well?

Comment

Originally posted by Dukenukemx View Post
      And Netflix just announced that Macs will use HTML5 instead of Silverlight. I guess this means that Linux will also get it through HTML5 now as well?
      No, it requires browser extensions currently only found in IE11 and the latest beta of Safari. Chrome and Firefox are still not there yet.

Comment

Originally posted by Dukenukemx View Post
        Maybe, but it still would require the DRM encrypted media extension to be ported/enabled on Linux browsers.

Comment

[deleted post because I thought we were talking about something else...]

Comment

Working...
          X