Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Next Week Is An Ubuntu Summit: Unity 8 & Mir News

Phoronix: Next Week Is An Ubuntu Summit: Unity 8 & Mir News

Taking place next week from 10 to 12 June is the next Ubuntu Developer Summit where plans about Ubuntu 14.10 with regard to Mir, Unity 8, Ubuntu Phone, and other topics will be discussed by developers...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Goals for the "Ubuntu Women Project" for the Ubuntu 14.10 cycle
    I hope this fares better than the Gnome version. The Gnome version seems to have garnered a bad name, but I think encouraging women in Linux is a worthwhile goal. Assuming of course that's what this is, I'm just going off the name, I have no idea what it actually entails.

Comment

Originally posted by kaprikawn View Post
      but I think encouraging women in Linux is a worthwhile goal
      *cringes*
      I would state my views on this, but I remember what happened to the thread the last time I did that...

Comment

Wayland

They can talk all they want about Unity 8 and Mir.
        I want Wayland!

Comment

Originally posted by uid313 View Post
          They can talk all they want about Unity 8 and Mir.
          I want Wayland!
          Do you also go on Porsche forums to let people know you want a Ferrari?

Comment

Originally posted by Herem View Post
            With an engine from Mercedes

Comment

Uh, reality check here: Phoronix is not a Ubuntu forum... if you want an echo chamber where everyone circle jerks on how awesome everything Shuttleworth thinks of is, you're in the wrong place...

Comment

Originally posted by dee. View Post
                Uh, reality check here: Phoronix is not a Ubuntu forum... if you want an echo chamber where everyone circle jerks on how awesome everything Shuttleworth thinks of is, you're in the wrong place...
                I didn't say you're not allowed to have whatever opinion you like but it should be an opinion that's on topic. As Wayland is neither currently or at this time planned to be a part of the Ubuntu distribution it was a pretty pointless comment.

Comment

I didn't say you're not allowed to have whatever opinion you like but it should be an opinion that's on topic. As Wayland is neither currently or at this time planned to be a part of the Ubuntu distribution it was a pretty pointless comment.
                  Eh, just wait a couple of months... when Shuttleworth realizes no one else is going to support Mir, they'll probably switch to Wayland, like they did with Upstart->systemd.

Comment

Working...
                  X