Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• USB Attached SCSI (UAS) Is Now Working Under Linux

Phoronix: USB Attached SCSI (UAS) Is Now Working Under Linux

With the recently released Linux 3.15 kernel is support for UAS. USB Attached SCSI will allow for significantly faster performance out of UAS-supported USB drive enclosures...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Host support?

Do you know if the host has to specifically support UASP?

Comment

Originally posted by Apokalypz View Post
      Do you know if the host has to specifically support UASP?
      No your USB host does not need to specifically support UASP, for USB-3 hosts you need a host which supports bulk streams, which allmost all of them do. Note you can use UAS with USB-2 hosts too, and you will get performance benefits like being able to use TCQ there too.

Comment

Sweet. Thanks.
        The enclosure I have hooked up to my OdroidXU supports UASP but the OdroidXU kernel version has been stuck at 3.4 since release, so no UASP has been a dream. Now hopefully since the exynos 5410 is fully supported in mainstream 3.16, UASP on my Odroid is only a few months away. Can't wait.

Comment

Originally posted by Apokalypz View Post
          Sweet. Thanks.
          Now hopefully since the exynos 5410 is fully supported in mainstream 3.16, UASP on my Odroid is only a few months away. Can't wait.
          But now it's also hoping for gadget mode UAS support.
          And the nicest thing would be UAS initiator mode for gadgets, and target mode for hosts.
          Then you can have a lot of Odroid XU's connected to a single "SAN" box (a thecus or so).
          With the Odroid U[23] I use fcoe over gadget ethernet mode :-).

Comment

Working...
          X