Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Skype 4.3 For Linux Released With Updated UI

Phoronix: Skype 4.3 For Linux Released With Updated UI

Available today is the previously talked about big Skype release for Linux that Microsoft was promoting previously...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

ugh dropped ALSA support? I don't use PA. So does that mean I won't get sound now?

Comment

The UI is still awful, but at least you can hide offline contacts now and they don't dump all the extended settings into one overflow menu.

Still no mark all as read, but at least notifications are synced now. No more logging in and seeing notifications for messages I read months ago.
      Last edited by Britoid; 18 June 2014, 12:05 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by schmidtbag View Post
        ugh dropped ALSA support? I don't use PA. So does that mean I won't get sound now?
        I was thinking the same, if PA will be forced on me by skype then i guess i rather drop skype.

Comment

Still no native 64bit build, packages for obsolete distro versions. Meh, I'll just skip it.

Comment

Originally posted by atari314
            Udev, dbus, avahi, pulse audio, systemd...
            I was wondering how long it will take until you show up.
            No one is forcing you to use them, you're free to build up your system and use something else, stop being a whiny little cry baby.

Comment

Originally posted by Xeno View Post
              Still no native 64bit build, packages for obsolete distro versions. Meh, I'll just skip it.
              4.3 works flawless on ubuntu 14.04,
              do whatever you want im happy with the new release

and for the pulseaudio whiners, just install it you still can use alsa for the programs you want...
              i really love the easy to use pulseaudio sound settings with multiple soundcards...

Comment

Does it support IPv6 yet?

Comment

Did they fix the problem with cameras so you don't need to PRELOAD v4l compatible libs?

Comment

Originally posted by El_Presidente View Post
                    4.3 works flawless on ubuntu 14.04,
                    do whatever you want im happy with the new release

and for the pulseaudio whiners, just install it you still can use alsa for the programs you want...
                    i really love the easy to use pulseaudio sound settings with multiple soundcards...
                    For those of us who care about efficiency, latency, and/or only use a single-wire (stereo or SPDIF) system, PA isn't appealing. Yes, it is MUCH easier to use and undoubtedly powerful, but it still has a lot of work to be done.

I think it's weird that they'd go out of their way to remove ALSA support. I think it'd be easier to just leave it in there.

Comment

Working...
                    X