Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• X.Org Server 1.16 Officially Released With Terrific Features

Phoronix: X.Org Server 1.16 Officially Released With Terrific Features

After a last minute delay earlier this month, Keith Packard of Intel's Open-Source Technology Center has officially announced the X.Org Server 1.16 release. XWayland and other changes make xorg-server 1.16 a super exciting release!

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

One omission here was a last-minute bug fix for glamor Render
    acceleration that manifests as disappearing icons in systray. That's
    been posted to the mailing list for review and to see if it causes
    regressions like the last proposed fix for this bug did.

Just tried that patch, works fine for me .

Cheers for the release .
    Last edited by dungeon; 17 July 2014, 11:05 AM.

Comment

hm intel

hm intel controls everything...

Comment

Is this suppose to be a fix for GnomeShell? With version 3.12 I oftenly experience the issue when closing certain apps, especially qt apps.
        Last edited by Adriannho; 17 July 2014, 11:55 AM.

Comment

Optional Systemd Support - This allows for running the X.Org Server without root privileges by systemd paired with other changes.
          Waiting for systemd trolls

Comment

Originally posted by spirit View Post
            To be fair, although I agree with you that they normally troll, one of the biggest complaints is that systemd seems to never be optional these days. So if it's optional, I don't know if it will cause the usual ruckus...

Comment

Originally posted by Adriannho View Post
              Is this suppose to be a fix for GnomeShell? With version 3.12 I oftenly experience the issue when closing certain apps, especially qt apps.
              I don't think so , this is for fixing a bug with kwin composite xrender && the gtk systrays to show icons... which is maybe third attempt to fix both those cases alltogether . if someone report kwin is fine with that one patch, than i guess it will be applied .

Comment

Originally posted by spirit View Post
                if you understand what that what you quoted means, then fine
                if you do not understand then you are the one just trolling
                either way xorg 1.16 comes with a many improvements and the only thing you can think about are trolls ?

anyway, yay xwayland

Comment

Wayland support for Xserver?

Wayland support for Xserver? I realy dont understand that, Wayland should be replacement for Xserver, if need Xserver support it is dead end, we realy need get rid of this old crapp.

Comment

Originally posted by ruthan View Post
                    Wayland support for Xserver? I realy dont understand that, Wayland should be replacement for Xserver, if need Xserver support it is dead end, we realy need get rid of this old crapp.
                    its a way to run the old (current) apps under wayland, otherwise the apps we use now wouldnt work.

Comment

Working...
                    X